I need to convince my girlfriend why Google Music is better than itunes...

wolstonc

Reaction score
But... She knows I'm a pretty savvy shopper, and the financial one of the couple... but she makes the argument that Google Music will charge 1.29 or more for a song that's .99 in iTunes.

For that matter, why even buy music from Google when you can buy it cheaper on iTunes and then import it to Google Music?

Google Music backs up "Up to 20,000" of your music and unlimited of what you buy from them... but I only have about 100 songs and she has about 2,000, and I thought her library was huge. So she kinda has a point... it practically backs up all of your iTunes music too... So why pay more?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know that you should switch if you're already a heavy user, but I've bought an album or two from Google and I love that I can stream right to my phone and not have to store them. I also refuse to support Apple because of their lawsuit idiocy, so a bit inflexible on that end. Google music works well with Android devices obviously. I love its instant playlist that will create a track group on the fly from most any song in your library. I also like not having to connect my phone to my computer every time I want to sync available files. AFAIK Apple hasn't updated the cloud to allow untethered syncing.

To each his own.

Reaction score
My fiance had an iPod but i showed her this cute little green guy and she loves him now. She knows now Android is better. That's all it took for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look at any if the available mp3 download applications in the android market....see if you can do that with iTunes....my 14 year old was convinced very quickly....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

ambrown

Reaction score
I hate iTunes. I mean, sure, there are good things, and only Amazon has them beaten price-wise. But I'm glad I'm not locked into their ecosystem. I'm too independent for that.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
For me it's all about access.

I can purchase and play my Google music from music.google.com. Unlike iTunes where you have to download and install a bloated pos program for.

Which honestly pisses me off to no end.

Like during Christmas. I was going to get my friend an iTunes gift card. The store I went to didn't have a $15 one (either 10 or 20). So I thought I could go to apple.com and purchase and print there. Was I in for a surprise. Only way to do it is from iTunes. I flat out refused to download a program just to get a $15 gift card, and ended up giving her a $15 Amazon MP3 gift card.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
For me it's all about streaming and last I checked you can't do that with iTunes, I could be wrong with this iCloud thing though.

Plus with google music you can access it from anywhere via tablet, phone, or browser. Huge plus for me.

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I think they both have pluses the plus for me is i can buy single tracks out of albums and itunes forces me to buy the album plus Google music has some pretty sweet deals on old school rap

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Blue

xtor

Reaction score
Never had apple i but google has alot free music, i got a live album of pearl jam for free

my razr's sharper then yours ™

alboboy10

Reaction score
People that have a brain in their head automatically see the advantage of Google music.

The only thing iTunes is great go is to put music in there and that's it. Play it do whatever you want create playlists but Google music keeps your music synched and stored online with no way to lose it. For free. That's enough for me. Maybe its not the best service but you can't ask for more out of something that you pay nothing for. And right now, it is the best way to stream music in my opinion.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Itunes on android? Is that what the OP is running? (0

Case closed..

----posted maxx'ed out----

imchance

Reaction score
Itunes on Android.... Using isyncr. I personally love Itunes and have purchased nearly 1000 songs.. And they are all on my RAZR. I agree.. To each his own.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does iTunes still erase any playlists that you don't create on your computer whenever you sync your device?

imchance

Reaction score
Not at all. Two way sync works great for me.