4G Motocast and iTunes

Sneake

Reaction score
I googled this problem and searched these forums but could not find this topic anywhere. My apologies if it has already been answered.
I use my Razr MAXX when I'm out and about to access my music back at home. For some reason, every time I do this, iTunes pops up. This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that I have more music than i can fit on my ipod so my entire music library is not in my itunes library. Therefore, my music selection is automatically limited to only those in my iTunes library. I hate apply and itunes and i would uninstall it all and be done with it if I hadnt been given a new ipod touch for xmas. i looked in the settings for itunes and the only one i could find that sounded remotely relevant was checking "prevent devices from syncing automatically." I've opened the task manager and found a "push" process associated with apple. ending that did not effect my problem in any way. HELP! APPLE IS F***ING UP MY DROID EXPERIENCE!

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Your situation doesn't make much sense to me because I use neither motocast nor itunes, but I may have a workaround for you:
Connect your ipod and set it to "manually manage songs" or something like that. Basically just turn off automatic syncing. This will make it so you drag and drop only the songs you want onto your ipod.
Now add *all* of your music to itunes, so you can access it from motocast (this is the part that makes the least amount of sense to me; why can motocast only access your itunes library?!).

Alternatively, you could go into motocast's options and add the folder that contains all of your music (this is how I would imagine an app like motocast should work, but again, I've never used it).

The optimal solution to this would be to use Google Play Music and just upload everything to the cloud. I have 3000 of my favorite songs out of my 20000 song collection uploaded to google music and it's great. It's super easy to buy new music from the play store, too.

OP
S

Sneake

Reaction score
thanks for the tip. ill try that manually manage music thing. let me try to explain what happens a little better. itunes has some sort of background service that it will open itself any time you connect an ipod or some sort of mp3 player i suppose. i do have all my music available through motocast, ie all my music folders are included. but when i connect using motocast, ill get maybe the first 30 seconds of a song, itunes will pop up, and i will have access to only itunes things. it's like itunes thinks im connecting an mp3 players and it's all, "gtfo, ill handle this in a terribly inefficient manner, DUR"