I need a suggestion for a Verizon DUMBPhone .

DJTURNz

Reaction score
My coworker was using the enV Touch (verizon). She refuses to get a Smart phone, but her enV was starting to go south. I've tried to talk her into it, but for now she's set on not paying an extra $30 for data. Of course the stores just want to push smartphones on her, and in fact, don't realy have much for dumb phones to demo.

I need a suggestion for a dumb phone for her.
Pretty much talking and texting is all she's interested in doing with her phone.

Any suggestions?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
My coworker was using the enV Touch (verizon). She refuses to get a Smart phone, but her enV was starting to go south. I've tried to talk her into it, but for now she's set on not paying an extra $30 for data. Of course the stores just want to push smartphones on her, and in fact, don't realy have much for dumb phones to demo.

I need a suggestion for a dumb phone for her.
Pretty much talking and texting is all she's interested in doing with her phone.

Any suggestions?

Well, I would tell her to maybe think about the virgin mobile way to go..40 a month on a intercept(samsung) gives her plenty of minutes and messages and unlimited data..I think 55 is unlimited all...my ex has it and its the best deal really, for a smartphone..there are other phones to choose from...
On the dumbphone(lol) choices...tell her to use her warranty and verizon will upgrade her to the newest feature phone available ...but you and I both know, when she gets her first smartphone, she will never go back! Good luck and I'm sure I am not much help as the choice is ultimately on her...:)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I would tell her to maybe think about the virgin mobile way to go..40 a month on a intercept(samsung) gives her plenty of minutes and messages and unlimited data..I think 55 is unlimited all...my ex has it and its the best deal really, for a smartphone..there are other phones to choose from...
On the dumbphone(lol) choices...tell her to use her warranty and verizon will upgrade her to the newest feature phone available ...but you and I both know, when she gets her first smartphone, she will never go back! Good luck and I'm sure I am not much help as the choice is ultimately on her...:)

Or use craigslist and search, there are always 30 dollar feature phones localy..make sure your getting a clean esn and verizon will help !!

FernBch

Reaction score
The other option is ebay. Craigslist and cell phones can be a bad combo. Ebay can too, but it doesn't happen as much. Easier to find a reputable seller there. I replaced both of my kids EnV3's for about $100 and they ate like brand new.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
The other option is ebay. Craigslist and cell phones can be a bad combo. Ebay can too, but it doesn't happen as much. Easier to find a reputable seller there. I replaced both of my kids EnV3's for about $100 and they ate like brand new.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

Lol yes craigslist can be dangerous if your the kind of person that believes everything you hear and trust everyone as with EBAY! Caution to any web based transactions..however..with Craigslist you can meet in a public place and see the merchandise before delivery..and check the esn..I see just as many burned on ebay if not more..but these days you would have to be pretty nieve to be taken...just know what you want and how much you will pay and have esn cleared by verizon..I have ads all over selling phones...and verizon has a number I carry for proof of the clear esn's..
But the world is what it is sadly..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
sorry to bring this old thread back, but I need the same advice. My wife's phone is now ready for an upgrade, but she doesn't want a smartphone. I remember 2 years ago, they had dumbphones galore, now it's small pickings!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should go prepaid in this case ...19 dollars and unlimited calling.. Walmart has them for 19.99....camera and all...

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!