I may have bricked my Samsung Fascinate. Help?

l_owercase

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've rooted my Samsung Fascinate and tried flashing CWM - I'm not even sure if that's right, I jumped into it before I knew what I was doing. CWM definitely didn't install correctly because now my phone isn't recognized by Odin :frown:

I was trying to flash an ICS rom to my phone, but since my phone isn't recognized by Odin I now can't go ahead with that. I've found a very helpful series of videos on YouTube by user cb3ck on flashing an ICS rom, so I'd like to be able to do a total reset on my phone or something to that effect. That way I can basically start from scratch, re-root my phone, and flash the rom.

So here's what I think I've done so far:

1. Rooted phone with Odin
2. Tried installing CWM with Odin
3. F---ed something up

I now have a rooted phone that doesn't launch CWM correctly or get recognized by Odin when in download mode. Any chance of fixing this??

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And your putting the phone in downloading mode( oil battery... Connect USB... Hold volume down) when plugging into Odin?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
L

l_owercase

Reaction score
Yes, I am removing the battery, connecting the USB stock cable that came with the phone, and holding the volume button down. The "download mode" screen comes up on my phone, but Odin no longer recognizes it.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have ya tried reinstalling the drives on the computer?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Munkyoverlord69

Reaction score
I have also bricked my phone, I tried to root and accidentally installed a file for froyo not thinking about me having gingerbread. I used odin one click downloader to try and fix it, the phone went to a red screen and appeared to be working on getting fixed. But all of a sudden the screen went blank and the progress box on odin sayed "Removed". Now my phone will not enter the boot screen or download mode. It will do nothing and I cannot get the files to restore it to factory because the links are bad. Any help would be much appreciated.