Odin Problem

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
Ok so I am selling my Fascinate and was going to Odin back to stock, but when I try to run Odin, it never recognizes my phone.
I have tried having it in download mode before opening odin,
i have tried getting it in download mode when Odin is up already,
I have tried selecting files first, etc.
Odin will not recognize I have the phone in download mode, but the phone is definitely showing download mode is on....

Help! lol

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Ok so I am selling my Fascinate and was going to Odin back to stock, but when I try to run Odin, it never recognizes my phone.
I have tried having it in download mode before opening odin,
i have tried getting it in download mode when Odin is up already,
I have tried selecting files first, etc.
Odin will not recognize I have the phone in download mode, but the phone is definitely showing download mode is on....

Help! lol

Can you connect it to your computer to transfer files? If not, the drivers might be messed up. Plug phone into computer and boot to CWM and that usually fixes it. Then boot back up. Try different USB ports, make sure its one of the back ports. If you're using a laptop make sure it's plugged in. Make sure its the Samsung OEM cable.

OP
Y

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
Can you connect it to your computer to transfer files? If not, the drivers might be messed up. Plug phone into computer and boot to CWM and that usually fixes it. Then boot back up. Try different USB ports, make sure its one of the back ports. If you're using a laptop make sure it's plugged in. Make sure its the Samsung OEM cable.

Tried all that. Phone won't show up as a usb drive though... And I know the drivers are installed.... I used Odin to root in the first place lol guess I'll reinstall drivers? Any other suggestion? and thanks!!!!

Edit: And if it matters, the only thing that pops up when I plug in USB with the phone on is connect as USB Mass Storage, Debugging does not come up even though it is checked on in settings. Running Evil 3.5.1 if it matters

Last edited:

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here is a thread on that very problem from a couple weeks ago. Every fix I could think of is in here, as well as some advice from others, and links to several threads about this problem on XDA in post 78.