I Love My Fascinate!!

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
Since the Droid came, its been the best Android phone I've own besides my Vogue Android phone back in the day. Easily rootable and a lot features to boot with all the ports from the Nexus 1 and the leaked upgrades.

Now that I got my demo model of the Fascinate, it totally blows the Droids out of water in terms of smoothness and not being loaded down with bloatware. The custom UI is fast and functional and almost just as good as Sense UI only because the Gala S interface is a little too much alike the iPhone interface in someways.

The only downside that might raise some eyebrows is that the Quadrant scores are behind the Nexus, Droid 2, Droid X and the Incredible but it blows thru the graphics portion 5 times faster than any other phone but the CPU side is what brought down the score. For me, processing is not a big deal but GPU speeds are needed with some of the more advance 3D apps on the market.

n0yxl

Reaction score
Since the Droid came, its been the best Android phone I've own besides my Vogue Android phone back in the day. Easily rootable and a lot features to boot with all the ports from the Nexus 1 and the leaked upgrades.

Now that I got my demo model of the Fascinate, it totally blows the Droids out of water in terms of smoothness and not being loaded down with bloatware. The custom UI is fast and functional and almost just as good as Sense UI only because the Gala S interface is a little too much alike the iPhone interface in someways.

The only downside that might raise some eyebrows is that the Quadrant scores are behind the Nexus, Droid 2, Droid X and the Incredible but it blows thru the graphics portion 5 times faster than any other phone but the CPU side is what brought down the score. For me, processing is not a big deal but GPU speeds are needed with some of the more advance 3D apps on the market.

TPIWWP.

If you in fact have a Fascinate; you'd be able to see that it's running 2.1 -until the update to 2.2 at end of month. Quadrant scores will only mean more to us at that time ;-)

wonsae

Reaction score

Actually it's the i/o test bringing it down as you see from this article

What is the fastest Android phone? – Android and Me

or if you do have quadrant pro you can check it out yourself.

OP
tallnerd1985

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
TPIWWP.

If you in fact have a Fascinate; you'd be able to see that it's running 2.1 -until the update to 2.2 at end of month. Quadrant scores will only mean more to us at that time ;-)

Sorry, I meant my comment at some people that are not too tech savy and dont look at differences besides the scores. I remember when I put 2.2 on my D1 about how amazed I was at the difference in Quadrant scores and Linpack that I was able to be on par with the N1.

I havent had a chance to investigate but wasnt there someone that found a 2.2 build for the Galaxy S on one of the other carriers??

Googleaddict

Reaction score
There's a lag fix for the Galaxy S phones. When a guy did quadrant on it they got a score twice as good as the nexus one on 2.2, and the galaxy s was still on 2.1 ;)

mrdroid

Reaction score
If the store next to my office has one in stock I might pick one up today. The X is just too big for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk