I love my Fascinate but am starting to wonder if I'll have iPhone envy

badonkadonk

Reaction score
when it comes to Verizon... I don't know what my problem is. I LOVE my Fascinate. I have an ipod touch and a mac and all that and have gotten over my iPhone desire until now... Tell me what a Fascinate (or android in general) has over the iPhone? Just to settle me down :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's a Droid........Simple.

dbst

Reaction score
You can hold your Fascinate however you want ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Google Services, widgets, open, Super Amoled. Quite a few things. Oh, and its on Verizon. :)

Sent from my Droid

Rogue27

Reaction score
Just look at almost any head to head test between an iphone and a droid. Almost all android phones come out on top. Android is ever changing where as iphone comes out with new models every what few years.... you always know ur getting the newest and best phone out there when u go with android.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

SlyHusky

Reaction score
I too was thinking about converting from my fascinate to the iphone. Many Reasons why I will not. The refund policy with google market is way better than paying for an app and it sucks on apple. second, Rooting, IDK about making my phone faster but it allows me to make it unique, iPhones are all the same. Third, Google. I know Bing is pre installed, but I've removed that. Free email, and accounts (unlike mobileme account, $99 a year is ridiculous). Fourth Flash, when froyo comes that is. Had it on my OGdroid and was necessary for me. Beyond themes, wallpapers, widgets, you have to remember it supports up to 32 GB. Which the cost of these are going down so in no time you will have your 32 GB that you will envy with the iPhone. Mind you a replaceable battery if by chance yours needs to be replaced.

Don't get me wrong I love my iPod Touch and would love the iPhone, however using your iPhone for music and everything else would cause your battery to drain so much during the day. So as an iPod replacement and a phone replacement all in one, I just don't think apple has worked out all of it's kinks enough to support my demanding needs as a phone and an music player. Hold out buddy, LTE sounds more promising than AT&T. Android might not be a better OS than Apple, but your phone can do so much more than an iPhone. You will envy the iPhone on Verizon because it's new, but unless they offer a car to go along with the new contract they will put you on it's not worth it.

cpjr

Reaction score
Google Services, widgets, open, Super Amoled. Quite a few things. Oh, and its on Verizon. :)

Sent from my Droid

Sounds like big red will have it, and the retina display on the iphone4 is much better than super amoled.

cpjr

Reaction score
Just look at almost any head to head test between an iphone and a droid. Almost all android phones come out on top. Android is ever changing where as iphone comes out with new models every what few years.... you always know ur getting the newest and best phone out there when u go with android.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Every few years?? How bout every year. And head to head tests really depend on how bias the testers are, cause I've seen the results swing both ways.

cpjr

Reaction score
Not supporting the iPhone, but I seriously get tired of people trying to make arguments on something they don't know much about.

EgooEspada

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Sounds like big red will have it, and the retina display on the iphone4 is much better than super amoled.

The iPhone has navigation (I would expect it to. lol.), but its not free and integrate like Google's navigation. Also, I can agree that the 'retina' display is better, but then again I can't. As a big media person, I like Super Amoled better. For text and in pictures in most cases, yea the retina display does give a better experience.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
Dont be to hasty to jump on the iphone wagon if it hits verizon on tuesday. Whispers about the iphone 5 are already surfacing. Some say as soon as this summer so your best bet is to wait anyway.

bigdad63

Reaction score
The only thing the iphone has is the very nice retina display (theirs is tiny and we'll have improved, much larger android ones on the way), videocalling (theirs is only over wifi and we'll have the real deal soon), and rounded corners (because their target market kept poking their eyes out on sharper ones).
dancedroid