I love my Fascinate but am starting to wonder if I'll have iPhone envy

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please keep discussions respectful and civil.

Disagreeing is one thing, but don't let it turn into flaming and arguing :)

Thanks!

dtrust

Reaction score
I just (week or so ago) updated to the iPhone on Verizon. Had the original Droid since day one and loved it.

Thought a great deal about going to the Fascinate, Incredible, DroidX, etc. Any of those would have been a significant improvement over the original Droid. Don't get me wrong, I have not one regret about the OD. It was just time to upgrade.

After playing around with the iPhone, Fascinate, DroidX, etc, went with the iPhone simply because it was hands down smoother operating. I know, I know, there are going to be people who tell me I'm full of it, but so be it. Those were my findings. It wasn't a paradigm shift like it was going from a normal phone to the Droid, but it was still significant enough to be easily noticable.

Some of the things that I never see mentioned when comparing the iPhone to Droids are the little interface differences that make the iPhone experience just a little nicer. Things like the ever-so-small time lag between touching the screen and opening an app that is just a shade longer on the iPhone. It it just long enough that I find myself not inadvertantly opening apps I didn't mean to. That was a small source of frustration on the Droid.

Also, at least so far, there has never been even the slightest lag on my iPhone. This was something that I experienced on the Droid regularly. Nothing that made the phone unuseable, just an annoyance.

OK, I'm not an apple fanboy, so don't take this as anything more than my opinion that the iPhone, as I see it, is just a smoother operating phone.

Oh, one more thing. The call quality on *my* iPhone is the best I've ever had on a wireless phone, bar none. It truely is like a landline. Again, MY experience, before anyone goes off on me here.

Now, having said all that, I HATE ITUNES!. I much prefer the open environment of the Droids. That's just me, I don't like being locked out of anything. You know how cats hate closed doors, well, that's me. :)

Also, just to play devils advocate, the App store not having a try before you buy plan like Google does is a PITA. Expecially when some of the apps can be $10 or more.

Bottom line, I don't regret getting the iPhone, just as I didn't regret getting the Droid.