I love how disconnected Verizon employees are

bje1982

Reaction score
Guys the training document on the 3g early upgrade promo is on this forum i saw it and it clearly explains everything.. Anyway keep in mind that the reps want to sell phones they have "today" not pitch you on a phone that you cant get.. why you ask? If I tell you to come back in a month when a new phone comes out Im probably going to lose your business as you might end up at a 3rd party store or go elsewhere.. Thats why the reps play dumb they want to sell!!

supersaki

Reaction score
Guys the training document on the 3g early upgrade promo is on this forum i saw it and it clearly explains everything.. Anyway keep in mind that the reps want to sell phones they have "today" not pitch you on a phone that you cant get.. why you ask? If I tell you to come back in a month when a new phone comes out Im probably going to lose your business as you might end up at a 3rd party store or go elsewhere.. Thats why the reps play dumb they want to sell!!

And if someone asks about a phone that's not out yet and they aren't even eligible for upgrade, what do you sell them? And CS reps aren't telesales AFAIK (although they can still sell you phones).

Either way, it looks like the 3G early upgrade is really only 6 weeks earlier, and doesn't work for annual upgrades anyways.

bje1982

Reaction score

And if someone asks about a phone that's not out yet and they aren't even eligible for upgrade, what do you sell them? And CS reps aren't telesales AFAIK (although they can still sell you phones).

Either way, it looks like the 3G early upgrade is really only 6 weeks earlier, and doesn't work for annual upgrades anyways.

Thats the way it is but I will agree that some phone reps are not up to date on the new stuff..

Rubi22

Reaction score

I wouldn't blanket all reps under that umbrella. Reason I say this is (as you may be able to tell) I'm a BB user, and called a verizon rep yesterday over a battery problem. He offered me the "early upgrade" after viewing my history (?) and I said "yea, I kinda like this droid incredible." He said if you like the incredible, wait two weeks, this next one (referring to the X) is going to be even better.

Hence why I just joined the forum :icon_ banana:

Edit: the guy I spoke about above was a tech support guy. Not sure if a "rep" (sales rep?) and a support guy are the same.

debster

Reaction score
I've had some bad but mostly good experiences with CS at Verizon. I called and got 4 difference prices on the 3g mobile hotspot. 1st $24.00 2nd $30.00 3rd $40.00 and 4th $0.00. When I was told no charge I told the CS rep that there website said there was a charge for 3g hot spot. I said if you do a search on your site for droid x it will bring up information on the phone. She put me on hold for over 20 minutes and I had to hang up cause I got a work in appt. across town. However, she was nice enough to call me back and leave a message on my phone answering my questions. She could have just ignored me as I had to disconnect the call.

I worked in cs for a cable company and trust some folks attitudes make you wish you had never got their call. Some folks were nice and not raising hell I would go out of my way to help them. The aholes got nothing more then the bare minimum but they got it with a smile.

I also heard that cs at verizon don't get training on a new product until like a week or so before it comes out so that would explain a lot if that is true.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
I have no problem asking them to find me someone that knows more than they do....It's noted in my account :icon_ banana:
Speaking of being informed. That same guy that I talked to the first time, I called and got him, and I immediately said, Hi, I'm looking for info on the Droid X. The guy says he hasn't heard of it yet, and I should keep my eye out on their website for it. I said, dude, it's on your website. As soon as I say this, he opens up with a tirade of information on the thing.

Must suck that we know more than them, huh? I also mentioned the DroidPro to him, and I think I blew his mind.

Second, I just got finished reading this thread. There is a slim and none chance you talked to the same rep today that you did the first time you think you talked to them. How do I know you ask? I was in a VZW call center for 2-1/2 years and there were 500 other people that worked in it. There are many, many call centers around the U.S. so that's why I place the odds at slim and none.

You are aware, that I never said that, right? You definitely misunderstood what I said.

joeymoose

Reaction score
I have been having that annoying camera freezing issue since I received my DI on release day. I have gone to many Verizon stores and called CS to try and receive a replacement but never got one since it has been on Back-order since launch pretty much. So yesterday I made it my mission to get a NEW replacement. Spoke with 3 different Reps, the first 2 were no help at all. The 3rd rep hooked me up big time. She is allowing me to return my DI when my Droid X arrives on the 15th! She pretty much extended the 30 day warranty to almost 4 months.

All I wanted was a new DI, not a reburbed one. I felt like since it was not possible for me to exchange it with in 30 days for a new one because of Warehouse stock issues, then it shouldn't be a issue for me to get a new DI, not a used one...

Anyways... I'm geeked to go back to MOTO and I don't think I will buy another HTC product again...

-Q-

Reaction score
its funny how the employees get the freedom to do what they want. I called to see if there was anything that could be done for my wife because her BB was replaced 3 times. I talked to the rep she comes back and said I moved up the NE2 and discount upgrade on both phones by 6 months. So she got the Droid and I am getting the DX

yurdle

Reaction score
Lol my older sister got her first droid yesterday, she really wanted the droid eris, but the local coorportate store didn't have any in stock since they are discontinued. They were telling us that they could give her an early upgrade fro switching to a smartphone. So we decided to continue our search somewhere else and we found an authorized retailer for verizon. The guy who was helping us said that they had 15 in stock, however they couldn't give her the early upgrade. So he told us to call the 611 number and explain the situation, my sister did so and the person helping my sister went and talked to her supervisor right there and then, she came back and told us that because she has been paying all her bills ontime for the past 3 year( the time since she's been on her own plan) and because it was her birthday they would move her upgrade to now.

My sister was so excited lol, we just had to wait 15 mins or so.. they said it'd be about 30.. but was only about 15.. so that the information had time to change.

Deal was done, sister got the phone for pretty much free.. she got it for $100 with $100 rebate, so she only had to pay the taxes and the insurance..

was a good birthday for her =p and really goes to show it was depend which rep you get on the other end

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I've found Verizon reps to be all nice (so far) but not uniformly knowledgeable. I don't think Verizon does give them much advance info, however, they can join the forums like the rest of us and find out all the good stuff; depends if they are really interested in the phones or if it's just a job, I guess.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pilot25

Reaction score
Apple clearly doesn't care if it works or not. They are seeing dollar signs and CDMA or not $$ matters more. PC World is full of it.