I love how disconnected Verizon employees are

bitter

Reaction score
A week ago I called and spoke to a rep who tells me it's possible that I may be able to get my Droid X at the contract price (I am not eligible until August of next year), because I can get my annual upgrade in December of this year. He say's it depends on who you talk to in the call center, and your credit history. He looks at my history and tells me it's the best he's seen in 3 years, which I know he's bsing me, but anyway. He says he'll check with his supervisor and call me back.

I call them today to discuss this, and there's no record on my account of our conversation, and the girl says "Sorry, you're not eligible until December, Bye"

Unreal.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've often found similar results. Really does depend on what CS rep you get. Someone will stale mate you, others will bend over backwards for you.

Luck of the draw my friend.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
I guess I could try again and see what happens.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
Oh, I completely understand that there are things they can't bend on. But holy ****, I"m a good paying customer, I am on automatic deduction, and I have a corporate business line!

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
I may be just screwing myself by even pursuing this though. I should just wait until December to get this rumored "DroidPro". Because I know when December rolls around, I'll want that thing, and then VZ will tell me to go f myself.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What you just said is exactly why I'll either buy the X for full retail or just bypass it all together. I'm gonna play my hand when the 2ghz device comes out.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
I'm even willing to pay retail for this thing, but I know it's going to be in the 500$ range. But no one seems to know this for sure yet.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I may be just screwing myself by even pursuing this though. I should just wait until December to get this rumored "DroidPro". Because I know when December rolls around, I'll want that thing, and then VZ will tell me to go f myself.

If you wait til Dec, might as well wait for the DroidPro 2 in Spring of 2011.......

There is always a new hottie right around the corner....

pilot25

Reaction score
You are New Every 2 in Aug but you can get contract price in Dec???

I got the Droid opening day. Does that mean I can get something new in Dec?? I'm missing something.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
You are New Every 2 in Aug but you can get contract price in Dec???

I got the Droid opening day. Does that mean I can get something new in Dec?? I'm missing something.

Annual upgrade. It's how I got the original Droid.