Disconnected!!!

czilla85

Reaction score
My Droid X keeps saying "Disconnected Unplug your charger from the outlet to conserve energy"!!!

It just started doing this two days ago. I know it is suppose to do this when I unplug it, but I am trying to charge it. Most sources online have said it is my charger and that I need a Motorola OEM charger (I am currently using a different charger than the original and not an OEM).
It works just fine when plugged up to my computer and in my van. Last night, I went to a Verizon store to get an OEM charger and the clerk just brushed me off. He tried to give me the same charger that I already have and he tried his already hooked up pc adapter (which he did not properly disconnect; he just pulled it off and did not eject it). He then told me my phone was broken and turned to keep hitting on two girls that were already in the store. His attitude was "I want to flirt and you're cramping my style so get out. I don't care about your phone." He literally kept turning to the ogre clerk and girls and chatting while I was in mid-sentence.
That aside, can anyone please tell me what is wrong with my phone. Most online sources say it is the charger and the idiotic clerk says its the port and it needs repaired, thus lots of money. Which is it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I do not charge my DX in my truck, so I am not sure if it shows the message there when fully charged, but since you are only getting the message while your battery is charging using the non-OEM wall charger my bet would be it is something with the charger.
Do you have any friends with a DX where you could borrow their charger? It would also be worth the trip back to your local VZW store (or a different if multiple are around) to have them check/test but again, it sounds like your charger.

OP
czilla85

czilla85

Reaction score
It was tested at my local Verizon store. They used a non-OEM charger to test it then pretty much mocked me. And no. I have no friends with an X.

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I've been getting this intermittently for several weeks now. It looks to be connector looseness, as it will happen in my car when I hit a severe bump.

VZWSupport

Reaction score
Droid X Charger

Thank you to the community for the great tips!

czilla85, are you still experiencing the same issue with your charger? We would like to help you with this. Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport and send us a Tweet with this issue. I assure you we will provide you a solution.

Thank you,

Lena A.
VZW_Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

OP
czilla85

czilla85

Reaction score
No. After going to a different Verizon store, I received the charger I asked for but was ridiculed for at the other. And lo and behold, it works! I really want to take it and rub it in their faces but eh. They don't need to treat customers the way I was.