signal issues please help..

kylec922

Reaction score
I bought my phone the day that it came out with no issues, until this past Tuesday. Ever since then I have had no signal, tried resetting the phone, pulled the battery, airplane mode on/off, wiped the phone to its original state..(no new apps etc., the day it quit)

So this morning I took the phone into a Vzw store, the girl I talked to there plugged the phone into a charger, wiped the phone, and I had full service and it worked fine after that like it SHOULD. I synced my contacts, installed youmail, and since have had no service again! ( I wiped the phone prior to her doing it, but it didn't do anything, and have wiped it again at home since, but nothing still )

It will show a red line through the signal bar, but will never show 3g/1x etc.,.. The fact that this girl fixed it this morning made me think that it's a software issue and not a hardware problem.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions? I'm up for anything at this point.. :icon_evil:

** Signal strength is -120 dBm, 0 asu, mobile network state says disconnected, mobile network type says unknown.

Last edited:

mkthnx001

Reaction score
After skimming your post, youmail might be the issue. Maybe not.

All I can really suggest right now is to call *228, and select option 2; if you can.

OP
K

kylec922

Reaction score
After skimming your post, youmail might be the issue. Maybe not.

All I can really suggest right now is to call *228, and select option 2; if you can.

I had it installed on my phone since the day I originally got it (release day) with no issues, either way, I have since wiped the phone to the original factory settings with no luck. :( I have also pulled the sd card and I still have the issue.

OP
K

kylec922

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas? They said the phone wouldn't ship until the 18th. Kind of annoying to have waited in line, pay $300, and then have to wait longer than the people that didn't wait in line.

I've read of other people with this issue with this phone.

OP
K

kylec922

Reaction score
Side note, it's not the towers. My buddy had his Droid X working fine sitting 2 feet away from me the other day....anyone?

OP
K

kylec922

Reaction score
Side note, it's not the towers. My buddy had his Droid X working fine sitting 2 feet away from me the other day....anyone?

Looks like you're going to have to contact Verizon.

Yeah, it's been done. The only help the phone tech support has been is to say they're going to send me a new phone, which I have to wait almost a month for. In the mean time, I can't even use the $300 pos I waited in line for.

Very frustrating, I figured it'd be a software issue since the girl at the store fixed it once already, and could be fixed again. Does anyone have all of the settings in the manual programming they should be set at? :icon_evil: