D2G Won't Charge

KaosVarkas

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently got a new Droid 2 Global from verizon and it has worked great up until today. Today I went to plug it in to the car charger and the screen flashed like i was plugging it in and then unplugging it at a fast pace. Then I plugged it in to the wall charger at home, same thing. There was a message that came up saying "Disconnected. Please unplug your wall charger to save energy". However my phone wasn't disconnected at all. Then I tried the USB cord to charge it that way, my computer won't even recognize it. Only thing I've done recently on it is download a couple games and apps..nothing that I thought might contain something bad for the phone..all well known apps/games. Any ideas or advice you guys have would be great. Thanks :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what is causing the issue. It may be an new app but that does not seem likely to me. Pull the battery and let it out for two or three minutes then turn on your phone and try to charge.

Where did you purchase the auto charger?

bltassoc

Reaction score
Can't get D2G to charge in cradle.

I'm having a similar problem. If I use the regular charger with my D2G it seems to charge OK. If I place it in the D2G charging cradle, it recognizes that it is in the cradle but displays the message "disconnected unplug your charger from the outlet to conserve energy"
and does not charge the phone or display the charging xx% message you normally get. I went to the verizon store and tried a new cradle in the store, still no luck. Then they did a factory reset (OMG) and finally ordered me a new phone. Got the new phone today, tried it with the new cradle and the same "disconnect...." msg and no charging. What's up?

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I was wondering about the continunity of the USB cable while reading the OPs tale.
But the input from bltassoc seems to blow that theory.

Connector on the phone is clean, unobstructed?
I have found mine to be somewhat tricky to plug in...in that I have to put the left side in first and yaw the connector towards the right as I insert the cable.
Really weird. I thought it was the cable but tried a brand new one and found that the technique was peculiar to the connector on my phone. But, it works?

bltassoc's story makes it sound like some sort of a connector issue - his doesn't like the cradle, mine the connector itself.