I installed the latest leaked ICS update...here is my story

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I used the "ZIP" extension and it worked for me.

I think the problem is that some people have extensions hidden on their PC...so when they add ".zip" to the end it ends up being "file.zip.zip".

So just look at the file on your actual phone via Astro or File Explorer or whatever...on Android phones the extensions are never hidden, and you will see the "real" name of the file no matter what. If you see it is ".zip.zip" at the end, just remove the last Zip and you will be fine.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I kept the .zip on the file I used and it worked fine.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

DMAN1522

Reaction score
Sorry new too this....once its download ( I'm doing this on my rezound no pc) ..what is next step? How would I save it too my sd card if needed..

ksbillsfan

Reaction score
So my HTC Rezound is 100% fully stock. Can I just install the leak on it? Or is there something else I need to do first? Sorry, new to this whole Android thing. Thanks.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Sorry new too this....once its download ( I'm doing this on my rezound no pc) ..what is next step? How would I save it too my sd card if needed..

I'm not sure if you can do it this way, maybe someone else knows for sure.

So my HTC Rezound is 100% fully stock. Can I just install the leak on it? Or is there something else I need to do first? Sorry, new to this whole Android thing. Thanks.

Nope, you want to be fully stock. Just follow the directions at the beginning of this thread. Keep in mind that the file for this is huge and it will take a while to download. Use that time to make sure that your phone is FULLY charged. Never try anything like this on a low battery.

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
DMAN1522 said:

I did it this way and it worked fine...I downloaded the astro file manager from the market (free) and went into it after downloading the file....renamed it as it states....then moved it to the ext.sd folder.....and then follow the rest of the steps for rebooting. Shazaam...ICS goodness!!

DMAN1522

Reaction score
Ok where Do i go in that .....and do I still follow steps in post 1

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
DMAN1522 said:
Ok where Do i go in that .....and do I still follow steps in post 1

Either download the file onto your computer, rename it, and put it on your ext sd card or download Astro file manager, download the file onto your phone, rename it, and put it in your ext sd card. After that the steps are the same.

scy1192

Reaction score
I've gotta say, these Sense 4.0 Roms are a lot smoother than the ICS leak, if you're willing to go the extra distance it's well worth it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I may give a Sense 4.0 rom a try later to see if it helps my performance issues.

ksbillsfan

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can do it this way, maybe someone else knows for sure.

Nope, you want to be fully stock. Just follow the directions at the beginning of this thread. Keep in mind that the file for this is huge and it will take a while to download. Use that time to make sure that your phone is FULLY charged. Never try anything like this on a low battery.

So I downloaded the file and placed it in the root file of my SD card. When I hold down volume button and power, it comes on and then says "image wrong" "no image" over and over and over. Then it stops and goes to the menu of the recovery mode. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
ksbillsfan said:
So I downloaded the file and placed it in the root file of my SD card. When I hold down volume button and power, it comes on and then says "image wrong" "no image" over and over and over. Then it stops and goes to the menu of the recovery mode. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

You may have to try a differant download or maybe try putting it on the other sd card file. Did you rename it correctly? Those are the only things that I can think of. Someone else might have another suggestion.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Well I switched to ics cleanrom. Battery was worse for me and when I had WiFi enabled my mobile data wouldn't disconnect. Maybe that's what was causing the poor battery. Cleanrom seems so much more fluid and I get no keyboard lag with it. Plus free WiFi tether.

I guess different people have different experiences with the recent leak. To me I didn't like it at all.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
DMAN1522 said:
If it does not auto load in bootloader what is another step

That means that it is in the wrong sd file or not on the root of the card. Try putting it in your other sd file. That would be your external sd file.