I installed the latest leaked ICS update...here is my story

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
FATRAY said:
I'm installing it now on my almost new Rezound 100% stock. Wouldn't reboot into the loader for anything, finally pulled the battery before trying it and it's installing. Someone failed to mention you have to pull the battery first. :blink: Or I didn't see that part.

No, you didn't miss it. Some have to pull the battery some don't. I had to pull it.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

DMAN1522

Reaction score
I was wondering will the new ICS update fix the beats so it will play on all music apps?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I was wondering will the new ICS update fix the beats so it will play on all music apps?

I doubt it. The issue is the app being able to work with beats not the other way around. (If that makes sense)

blownfuse25

Reaction score
So if we use this & do a Factory reset. Will it go back to all original. ?

Thanks

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
blownfuse25 said:
So if we use this & do a Factory reset. Will it go back to all original. ?

Thanks
If you load the latest ics leak, no it will not go back by just doing a factory reset.

DMAN1522

Reaction score
What is a link or instructions on how to put the ics on my htc rezound .....

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
DMAN1522 said:
What is a link or instructions on how to put the ics on my htc rezound .....

See post #1 of this thread.

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
A Senior VZW SW rep that was doing a move for employees from _______ to latest Droid devices and supplies hundreds of Smart phone handsets for NBC and Comedy Central, told my son they don't see a OTA Update pushing for the Rezound now or anytime this month. :(
He advised against fooling w/a leaked version...
Q. Why?.. A. "You will be pleased with the overall stability and 4g performance with the Officially released OTA V. will be. The wait will be worth it. And yes we read blogs all the time.
:biggrin:"

We'll see.(?)

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Right now I'm pleased with my leaked ICS. IMHO, since my phone is stock and locked I don't see anything stopping me from getting the final ICS as long as the version # is different. And if I can't, I'm happy with my phone just the way it is. It's a win win for me.

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
A Senior VZW SW rep that was doing a move for employees from _______ to latest Droid devices and supplies hundreds of Smart phone handsets for NBC and Comedy Central, told my son they don't see a OTA Update pushing for the Rezound now or anytime this month. :(
Q. Why?.. A. "You will be pleased with the overall stability and 4g performance with the Officially released OTA V. will be. The wait will be worth it. And yes we read blogs all the time.

We'll see.(?)
Maybe it is unstable on some phones...for me 4G, GPS and voice reception have been flawless. And stability is far better than it has ever been in the past.

I don't know if it is like this for everyone, but this has been my experience so far.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score

We'll see.(?)

Uh, how would he know about the OTA vs Leak if the OTA isn't done and won't be pushed? I call major BS on this one.

DMAN1522

Reaction score
I tried the link on post #1 to put ics on my rezound and it said file not found ....any other options?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Make sure you remove the .zip at the end. It didn't work at first until someone on here told me to remove the .zip at the end and it worked from there. Hope this helps.