i have two really important questions! please help!

chelsixbelsi

Reaction score
ok so i just got the droid 2 today and i can't figure some things out!

one: how do you lock text messages? my boyfriend sends me all these text messages i like to save and how do i do that on the droid 2?

two: how do i move the pictures taken on the phone onto my sd card?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!!
To lock messages, simply long press (press and hold) the message and a menu will pop up with that and a few other options.
You can download a file manager (Androzip, Astro, etc) and arrange your photos..even create folders for certain ones. You Camera pictures do already save to your SD card though.

DroidForums junkie!

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I have the droid and assume its similar. For locking texts you generally long press over the msg to save and a pop-up window will give you your desired drop down menu.

Pics to an sd card in a msg? Right? Move to the right of pic and hold your finger in the blank space and again a menu should pop up. When you save it they are in the gallery under sd card...after you selected save pic to card.

Last edited:
OP
C

chelsixbelsi

Reaction score
when i hold in on the text i want to save the only options that come up are open message, forward message, copy message, delete, and veiw details.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That'd odd! I have like 8 different options. Are you using the stock messaging app or Handcent?

when i hold in on the text i want to save the only options that come up are open message, forward message, copy message, delete, and veiw details.

DroidForums junkie!

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I have deleted everything in my inbox but can always walk down to that man I loves phone to his x in case I skipped a software change w d2. Or the d2s can chime in if around.....mean while if you open it and long press any other options show up?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Engrish?

I have deleted everything in my inbox but can always walk down to that man I loves phone to his x in case I skipped a software change w d2. Or the d2s can chime in if around.....mean while if you open it and long press any other options show up?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
C

chelsixbelsi

Reaction score
thank you! :)

and about the whole picture thing, if i take pictures will they automatically go to my sd card? or do i have to move them there?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're welcome!
You should have an album in your gallery called Camera...right?

thank you! :)

and about the whole picture thing, if i take pictures will they automatically go to my sd card? or do i have to move them there?

DroidForums junkie!