I have to agree with jobs on this... Wait what??

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to say that so far their Apps Store is not what I thought it would be. They charge 4.95 for Angry Birds. We pay how much? 0.00?

The difference here is that Rovio released Angry Birds as an ad-supported app on Android; with a paid version being promised for the future (to turn off the ads). On iOS, there is a lite version and a paid version; no option for ad-supported. It's not really a fair comparison, as Rovio chose a different revenue model for the different OSes.

Overall, I find the iTunes App Store to be a bit easier to navigate around in and find what I am looking for. The Android Market is catching up, though, IMHO. And surpassing in some ways, automatic updates being a big one. The big thing with iOS is that there are alot more QUALITY apps. You don't see the utter crap in the iTunes store that you see in the Android marketplace.

I can't even browse games on my Droid without seeing crap like "Titties Shot 94" and "Rub Her Hip" - things that aren't even GAMES, just perverted crap. I was a bit appaled when I realized that the screenshots from some of these apps showed FULL frontal nudity (sorry, I don't have kids but my friends do; and I don't like the fact that they can see nudity without even looking for it). And don't even get me started on "devs" such as me4android who post nothing but ripped-off Java games from dumbphones. I report them time after time and nothing is done.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got just the wifi unit, no 3g service. i don't see me using this outside of anyplace where wifi would not be available. Anyway, Verizon doesn't start for another 9 dyas with their service and I certainly wasn't going to use AT&T.

The Verizon version isn't going to have true 3g service anyways, all they are selling is the WiFi version bundled with their MiFi device. So if you wanted Verizon service on your iPad at any time in the future, you could purchase the MiFi and have the exact same bundle. OR, you could go the way less expensive route and pick up Virgin Mobile's MiFi device and connect your iPad to it. Service for that is $40/month unlimited. It's a bit slower than what VZW offers but WAY less expensive.

The only TRUE 3g iPads (with 3g onboard) are the AT&T devices, though - as the 3g iPad is a GSM device.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
. . .I pleaded for help with apps and all I got was people trying to sell me crap I didn't want. . .

appadvice.com is a good site for daily app reviews and ranked category lists.

For us mixed up platform users, apps we can use on both devices are a big plus. So far my favorites are Toodledo (iPad) combined with Got To Do (Android) for task management and MyNetDiary for food tracking. Also Evernote, of course.