Now i gotta get another tablet for my other kid :\

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Just remember to enable parental controls for the amazon app store. My 3 year old purchased 24,000 tokens from "Temple Run" that I got from amazon. LOLz

Sent from my DROID3 because my DROID1 is on vacation.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Still no luck with the google play install though.

Sent from my DROID3 because my DROID1 is on vacation.

scottdave

Reaction score
This tablet looks pretty cool, so far. It's $199 from Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon and some others. I'd like to be able to load some apps which are not in their proprietary store, though. (Like Temple Run - my daughter loves that game). There are instructions on the web to root a Nabi tablet, but these seem to be for the Nabi 1, not the version 2.

scottdave

Reaction score
I don't think the 'Android Market' or 'Google Play Store' will be available on the Nabi tablets any time soon. On Nabi's website, they cite some differences of opinion between them and Google. It seems to me that Nabi wants to stay conservative and not have the 'full' Play Store available. It may be the smart play for a tablet targeted towards kids. Apparently if the Google store is available, then every app has to be shown (according to the way I understand their explanation).
I did get Temple Run installed, with the side loading procedure. I was able to install the Amazon App store just fine, straight from Amazon's website using the web browser, with no root required. Then I see that Temple Run is free right from the Amazon store. Oh well, good exercise. Thank You to TuffD1 for the tip about setting the Parental Controls in the Amazon store.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Yeah, no problem. These lil ones just tap away at anything and everything.

scottdave

Reaction score
Interesting thing, though. On the Temple Run that I sideloaded, when I press Get More Coins, it just say 'Loading...' but nothing ever happens. Maybe that's because I did not install it from a store like Amazon or Google Play. For this particular situation, that's a good thing.

kparks

Reaction score
carguy said:
Thanks. Comparing them both online now.

Cool u can also look at the amazon Kindle fire and the Kindle fire hd let me know what u get and how they like it!