[WARNING: DO NOT ORDER] The 'My Tablet 7' from Xtex Officially Outed for $149.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mytablet7-xytex-ics.jpg

=========================================================

WARNING: DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER. MIGHT BE A SCAM

=========================================================

Last week we shared with you about a new budget-friendly tablet, called the "My Tablet 7," that was hitting the ground running to compete directly with the Amazon Kindle Fire, by debuting at a $150 price point. We now know the name of the company that is developing it because they released an official press release for the launch of the new device. The company is called Xtex and their new "My Tablet 7" Ice Cream Sandwich tablet packs in some significant value for the price. Click on the previous story link or read the press release below for a recap on the specs of this "super-bang-for-your-buck" tablet.

MY TABLET, 7-INCH HIGH PERFORMANCE AND AFFORDABLE ANDROID TABLET LAUNCHES

The $150, 7-Inch My Tablet combines portability with connectivity and up to 48GB memory

NEW YORK – April 13, 2012 – XTEX announces My Tablet, a 7-inch WiFi enabled tablet device that combines affordability with connectivity, courtesy of the powerful and stable Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 OS…all at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $150.

“Everyone is walking around with a tablet device under their arms,” said XTEX VP Allen Kiehl. “The 10-inch tablet’s become a fashion accessory, like not so long ago when everybody wore cell phones clipped to their belt.” Eventually, the smartphone was made small enough to fit in a pocket, and it’s time we did the same for tablets. 10-inch tablets are too big, while 5-inch models are too small, like squinting at a smartphone screen. The My Tablet 7-inch is just right. Not only is it about the size of a paperback book and ultra-slim to slip easily into a jacket or back pocket, but also it’s loaded with features for convenience and on-the-go connectivity.

“But just in case fashion and accessorizing are important, My Tablet is available in three colors at the time of its launch: black, white, and pink.”

Lightweight and less than half an inch thick, the 7-inch My Tablet fits in a pocket but comes loaded with features, including a 1.5MHz Processor, 1GB of RAM, a 16GB internal hard drive, expandable to 48GB of storage with a 32GB MiniSD card, a brilliant 800X480 7-inch capacitive screen, and a front facing 2MP webcam.

My Tablet features Wi-Fi as well as USB Mini, USB Ports, a TF Card Slot (supporting up to 32GB), and HDMI 1080P output, maximizing connectivity to the internet, printers, high density TVs, or any number of external devices for easy and reliable on-the-go access to email, movies, videos, music, and photos. Surf, browse, blog, text, email, stream, download, upload or Tweet…take care of business on the fly and stay in touch with friends and family with an affordably priced tablet that fits in your pocket. Download video and musicfrom the internet or carry them separately on 32GB MiniSD cards. The choice is up to the user.

“I can attest that the My Tablet was extremely snappy and handled all the apps I threw at it,” writes Stormy Beach of the influential blog, AndroidSPIN.com. “I don’t think there is a tablet out there that can offer this much goods for such a small price tag.”

With its full list of features, including blisteringly fast 1.5GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, and 16GB of internal storage, AndroidSPIN also declared My Tablet “quite a powerful little device for $50 less than a Kindle Fire.”

Power. Portability. Affordability. My Tablet. The whole world in your pocket!

Key product Information:

7″ Capacitive screen (800X480)
1.5 MHz Processor
Android 4.0 OS
1GB RAM
16GB HD (storage)
2.0MP Front Facing Webcam
USB port
Mini USB Port
HDMI 1080P output
TF card slot (support 32GB)
Headset port

Source: AndroidTablets.net

g_what

Reaction score
I'm assuming the processor speed is supposed to be 1.5 GHz​?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This is actually pretty nice. With the exception of the resolution. WVGA on a 7"? Talk about a Senior Tablet.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just ordered one so we can do a review over on AndroidTablets.net. The company is saying they expect to start shipping the tablets within 10 days. For more discussions, be sure to check out our forum here: My Tablet Forum!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I just ordered one so we can do a review over on AndroidTablets.net. The company is saying they expect to start shipping the tablets within 10 days. For more discussions, be sure to check out our forum here: My Tablet Forum!

I'll be interested to see if it delivers.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the processor speed is supposed to be 1.5 GHz​?

That must be the case. The "type-o" was actually in their press release which I just copy and pasted. :)

kl0wn

Reaction score
Xtex's website for this tablet, under additional info it states "Comes Rooted Out Of Box". Interesting.

astokes

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a cheap tablet to use as a Hud in simracing titles such as iracing and Rfactor/rfactor 2, this fits the bill for me.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Xtex's website for this tablet, under additional info it states "Comes Rooted Out Of Box". Interesting.

Hmm that is interesting.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

But is the loader locked.

ndtemple417

Reaction score
But is the loader locked.

I just asked the CSR and he said no all you have to do install superuser and your good to go bootloader isn't locked and it doesn't void the warranty, he said the company embraces TRUE openess, i was like sweet