I have an upgrade question for the droid community

jojo567

Reaction score
Hello all I have an droid x and have an upgrade up now. Im struggling with what phone to go with, i have had the Eris htc before the Motorola and really liked the htc set up. So my question is, i really like the razor maxx hd and the dna and s3 samsung. I dont want to buy a phone and have something amazing come out because that has happen to me 2 times now. I was leaning toward the razor hd maxx because of the battery and i really like it .
I just dont want to be disappointed if i get the razor hd maxx and a mega phone comes out a week later.
Any advise would be great . Thanks JoJo

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
those are all very nice phones. that is the thing with these phones the minute you pull the trigger and buy one a new one comes out .. that is part of it. those phones you listed are all great phones . i recommend that you go to VZW and play with them all and make your decision on that .

you may want to check out the note 2 as well..

OP
jojo567

jojo567

Reaction score
I like the note but its alittle to big for me. I use my phone snowmobiling and its just to big to carry.
I guess the question is, does anyone think there will be a new phone within the next 2 monthes that will be that much better than
the hd maxx or s3 or dna ??

swharshbar

Reaction score
I've had the Maxx HD now for about 2 weeks and absolutely love it. The battery is just rediculous. Under normal use, I'm getting 32-48 hours of use before needing a charge. For that alone, I think it makes it one of the best. My friend has the S3, and likes the phone alot but his battery life isn't near as good as the maxx is. I installed Jelly bean last night, and now have the new OS setup just the way I like it. So far, so good with no issues that I've seen. As far as features, I think its right up there too. The DNA does have a quad core processor so it's going to be faster but seriously, unless your a HEAVY user, the dual core the Maxx HD has works awesome. I've yet to feel like I wish the phone was faster.

Good luck with your choice.

OP
jojo567

jojo567

Reaction score
Last question lol.... best places to make the purchase and cheapest. thanks guys thats what i was looking for ..

swharshbar

Reaction score
Amazon I believe is $179, Target online is $199 but gives you a $50 dollar Target gift card, so it's basically $150. With that said, I went to my local Verizon dealer (not the store) and they were able to discount the phone to $150 for me to beat the other advertised prices.