I got the S4

Madvincent

Reaction score
Hey so I got tue S4 last week and I luv and I want you guys to tell if I should get anything and can I still root it? I know there was a law that doesnt allowbjailbreaking and I dont if it affects rooting let me know thx!

KGreis

Reaction score
As of right now root has been disabled due to the new software update and if your have an issue with the wallpaper get landscape wallpaper it moves with the pages like my old razr

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Congrats on the new s4, it's a great phone out of the box. This is the longest I've kept a phone on stock rom, but mine is rooted.

If yours has the latest update (which I'm betting it does) then you won't be able to root as the latest update pretty much ended that. It's been awhile since the update rolled out and devs are still working hard on cracking it, hopefully any time now.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
On a side-note...it's perhaps time to change your profile phone and sig! Let's give that S4 its just deserts. LOL! dancedroid

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Hey so I got tue S4 last week and I luv and I want you guys to tell if I should get anything and can I still root it? I know there was a law that doesnt allowbjailbreaking and I dont if it affects rooting let me know thx!

Congrats on your purchase! It is a great phone :)