I got my Droid today, and I am blown away...

djk_dnb

Reaction score
Hello, Everyone, =)

My name is Rick, and I am a proud new owner of a Droid phone, and I must say that I am intensely impressed. Wow! I can literally step away from my PC as a PC addict, and feel perfectly ok as I do so. My sister has an iPhone 3G, (not a 3GS) and so while I can not compare her phone to mine (There is NO comparison), I am just speechless. I didn't know this was possible, but here it is in my hand! Woo-Hoo! I feel like I'm dreaming, or that I'm Marty McFly in 2015. Welcome to the future! = )

I'm a very happy camper right now. I considered iPhone, and had a yucky feeling about it the entire time. My Droid, and Verizon blew my mind right out of the box, and I just couldn't be happier!

This is a fantastic forum and I look forward to contributing as much as I can.

peace, = )
Rick

sir

Reaction score
welcome!

by your name is it safe to say you're a dnb dj? just wondering because i love dnb!

Dan_Droid

Reaction score
Welcome! I was also considering an iPhone before I got my Droid, but I am very happy I didn't get one. The Droid is by far the best phone I have ever owned, and like you said it has freed me from the chains of my PC. I love being able to check my email and browse the web on a real web browser anytime and anywhere. Not to mention the FREE navigation, the FREE apps, and heck I can even listen to streaming Shoutcast radio stations while I'm driving around town. Amazing! I'm really excited to see what happens in the next year as the Android platform continues to improve.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
you are in trouble : )

in only gets better the more you use it....enjoy the Droid it's a GREAT phone

Welcome to the forums

nytimbo58

Reaction score
It really is an amazing feeling to be able do anything I can at home on laptop with Droid. First phone I paid for data access. Was Palm-a-holic for last 15 years, was sad depressed after 3 treos no more original Palm operating system. I am loving life also with my Droid. Its BETTER then Palm!!! YIP YIP!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
WARNING !!! Owning a DROID can be hazardous to relationships, can cause unnecessary seizures when not in close proximity of said DROID, Can cause others to look at you and scoff and laugh, Can be the main loss of sleep, Can cause edginess, ect ect ect

:icon_ banana: Ain't it Great !! :icon_ banana:

Welcome Aboard Rick, we are all in the same boat :p

BillTheCat

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Rick. I felt the same way when I got my BB Storm back in May, because it had such a great e-mail client. But the web browser was slow & clunky, the touch screen was unresponsive, etc., etc.

After a couple of days tinkering with the Droid, the only thing I can honestly say the BB did better was e-mail. But I can live without Yahoo & Hotmail being pushed to my phone as a trade-off or all of the other improvements I see with the Droid. Fabulous device.

DROIDADDICT

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Rick. I felt the same way when I got my BB Storm back in May, because it had such a great e-mail client. But the web browser was slow & clunky, the touch screen was unresponsive, etc., etc.

After a couple of days tinkering with the Droid, the only thing I can honestly say the BB did better was e-mail. But I can live without Yahoo & Hotmail being pushed to my phone as a trade-off or all of the other improvements I see with the Droid. Fabulous device.

using the K-9 mail app works pretty good with pushing yahoo mail over. At least it has for my droid and yahoo account