Reformed 3rd Gen iPhone user, BLOWN AWAY by Droid Incredible!

Toe_Cutter

Reaction score
Howdy all!

After much anxiety and hand wringing over what to do about a new phone, as of 10:20 AM EST I am officially a Droid Incredible owner!

dancedroid

Like the title says, I've been using an iPhone since the first was released in 2007. After 3 years of struggling with AT&T's crap coverage (NO 3G in my hometown), Apple's annual iPhone release theatrics (waiting in line for hours each year gets SOOOO old) and Apple's dwindling feature set (Editing text on the iPhone is still a pain in the ass), I found myself fed up with all of it, looking for a phone that worked better than it looked.

While I've been using an iPhone for a while, I wouldn't describe myself as the typical iPhone sheep. I almost skipped the 3GS, but AT&T let me upgrade way early. Even back then, I was acutely aware that Android was closing the gap with iPhone. It wasn't until a colleague showed me his Droid running Eclair that I seriously began to consider jumping ship.

Today my shiny new Droid Incredible arrived this morning via UPS and I am blown away with how well it runs (and perhaps more importantly) how FEATURE-RICH this phone is!

The display is absolutely stunning. I hadn't seen an actual Droid Incredible AMOLED display until firing up this one this morning, as every single VZW store I've been to has only the dummy models on display. The colors are incredibly rich with pure, inky blacks.

It's also blistering fast, with zero lag when flipping between screens. Even though I've spent only a few hours with this phone, I'm deeply impressed with this phone.

I'm a tech sales engineer and use about 6000 mins a month on my cell, so it's an important part of professional life, which I think just got a little bit easier.

My colleagues called me crazy for snagging this phone so close to the release of the Droid X, but having seen the screen firsthand, I have no regrets. Recent news about the update sure provided some reassurance! :)

So, HELLO to everyone! I look forward to chatting with everyone as I begin to explore all the cool features this phone has to offer.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Same boat bro. I have had iphone since 3G released and am really fed up with its boring personality. And the fact ATT does not have 3G service here but Verizon does so thats a big one for me as well. I have not had an android phone before but i am switching this month with the Droid X. I have to pay the stupid ATT cancellation fee which is beyond expensive but oh well..

OP
T

Toe_Cutter

Reaction score
Same boat bro. I have had iphone since 3G released and am really fed up with its boring personality. And the fact ATT does not have 3G service here but Verizon does so thats a big one for me as well. I have not had an android phone before but i am switching this month with the Droid X. I have to pay the stupid ATT cancellation fee which is beyond expensive but oh well..

That's a good way to put it: Boring. And, features taken for granted on Android still aren't available on iPhone (Mobile HotSpot?) And lastly, I'm just so freaking sick and tired of waiting in line for HOURS every time a new iPhone comes out. It's embarrassing to ask for a day off just to go buy a new phone. There were quite a few folks at my work that took off June 24, and everyone knew why they were taking a "personal day". There were 4 people in line at VZW on launch day for the Incredible. I understand how Android fans want the platform to flourish, but be careful what you ask for ;-)

That said, it's only a matter of time. The Incredible demonstrates just how far Android has come in terms of GUI design, etc. The GUI animation is fluid, with zero lag, etc. I can't wait for Gingerbread. With Google's purchase of Bumptop (who were doing some crazy stuff), and the hire of a few ex-WebOS guys, Gingerbread is likely to surpass everything in terms of the user experience.

About your ETF: I'd call in and check on that. I'm one year into a two year contract and the ETF was only $80? Even I was surprised by that.

Mule65

Reaction score
Interesting to see so many former iPhone users "BLOWN AWAY" by Android.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Howdy all!

After much anxiety and hand wringing over what to do about a new phone, as of 10:20 AM EST I am officially a Droid Incredible owner!

dancedroid

Like the title says, I've been using an iPhone since the first was released in 2007. After 3 years of struggling with AT&T's crap coverage (NO 3G in my hometown), Apple's annual iPhone release theatrics (waiting in line for hours each year gets SOOOO old) and Apple's dwindling feature set (Editing text on the iPhone is still a pain in the ass), I found myself fed up with all of it, looking for a phone that worked better than it looked.

While I've been using an iPhone for a while, I wouldn't describe myself as the typical iPhone sheep. I almost skipped the 3GS, but AT&T let me upgrade way early. Even back then, I was acutely aware that Android was closing the gap with iPhone. It wasn't until a colleague showed me his Droid running Eclair that I seriously began to consider jumping ship.

Today my shiny new Droid Incredible arrived this morning via UPS and I am blown away with how well it runs (and perhaps more importantly) how FEATURE-RICH this phone is!

The display is absolutely stunning. I hadn't seen an actual Droid Incredible AMOLED display until firing up this one this morning, as every single VZW store I've been to has only the dummy models on display. The colors are incredibly rich with pure, inky blacks.

It's also blistering fast, with zero lag when flipping between screens. Even though I've spent only a few hours with this phone, I'm deeply impressed with this phone.

I'm a tech sales engineer and use about 6000 mins a month on my cell, so it's an important part of professional life, which I think just got a little bit easier.

My colleagues called me crazy for snagging this phone so close to the release of the Droid X, but having seen the screen firsthand, I have no regrets. Recent news about the update sure provided some reassurance! :)

So, HELLO to everyone! I look forward to chatting with everyone as I begin to explore all the cool features this phone has to offer.

Congratz dude!!!!!!!! Welcome :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
About your ETF: I'd call in and check on that. I'm one year into a two year contract and the ETF was only $80? Even I was surprised by that.

Hmm..i am exactly into my first year with the 2 year contract. So hopefully it will only be $80 for me as well..which would make it so much easier to switch.