What did I ever see in my BlackBerry?

actrack03

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Proud owner of my new Droid for just over a week now. Tried the Eris at first but couldn't help but feel as though I was missing something. I can now say that since I returned it for a Droid, that feeling is gone! Before the Droid I had a Motorola Q9m then a BB storm(both pale in comparison to what the Droid can do). So far I've rooted my phone and loaded android 2.1 v0.0.2 and now v.0.0.41. What a great platform. My Iphone fanboy co-worker hasn't had anything to say since I bought it. Not having to hear how great his Iphone is was worth the $200 in itself. Looking forward to realize the full capabilities of this phone thanks to this forum.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you dig it, we do too. ;) I also got here from a blackberry. Had I known it was this cool, I likely would have had a G1 instead.. Welcome to the machine!

boatman2220

Reaction score
Welcome, lots of former Blackberry owners around here. Hope you enjoy your time here. A few more updates and as the apps mature it will get even better.

Jobucina

Reaction score
i also had a blackberry...8330 curve. I liked it, it was a great phone, email interface was straightforward. RIM makes an excellent phone, but my droid is just frickin cool!

i tend to shy away from crap talking other smart phones, except for the iphone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I traded my Storm 2 in for a Droid after having the Storm for a year. While I think the Storm 2 was nice enough, it can't quite lick the Droids boots. Welcome to the forum.

Takami826

Reaction score
I, too, am from BB Curve 8330... I enjoyed that phone but that stupid track ball was a bane to my existence and I got tired of hitting up amazon just to get more balls. When the primary line came due for upgrade we opted try getting both lines upgraded and really wasn't going to consider droid at all but my best bud works at verizon and kept talking about how much I would love droid vs the other options I was weighing at the time...balked and balked but I trust my friend and she knows my lust for cool tech and when I included droid in my research... yea... there was no more debate at that point LOL

I'm about a month in and STILL digging it as much as day 1

Del Vecchio

Reaction score
Im coming from a LG Voyager. It was an ok phone for texting but thats where its pluses ended. Now that I have a Droid I cant imagine how I lived without ut