I got a software update!

helron

Reaction score
Perfectly clear now that I tried it. LOL
I use ES File Explorer, but cold not see any of my files on only my 32gb External SDCard.
Very strange.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I have the circle widget installed on my phone but I don't use it because I use Nova launcher and it won't work on Nova. The only reason I keep circle widget installed even though I don't use it, is in case I decide to try out the home launcher again.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

It also doesnt load when I try using the RAZR maxx home launcher... warning message came on saying not supported with a 3rd party home launcher..or something like that...lol.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Perfectly clear now that I tried it. LOL
I use ES File Explorer, but cold not see any of my files on only my 32gb External SDCard.
Very strange.

Ahhh, I know why. I forgot... the file structure changed in JB (at least it did for my Razr M). Ok, never mind...drop ES...I couldn't find the internal sdcard on that for nothing. Try File Expert... go to the folders tab. It will have SD Card (which is the internal one), External SD Card, and Phone Internal Storage. Also, if you go to Phone Internal Storage --> Storage, you can access the different sdcards.

helron

Reaction score
Hi Tis,
Loaded the Circle Widget. Wasn't very impressed. Sort of nice, but, like no bug deal type of thing. LOL
Anyway, having problem deleting the circle APKs. I was able to deleted necessary folder and APKs, yet I keep getting a pop loader asking me to select one if these 2 oprions: COMPLETE THIS ACTION, (com. Motorola Homescreen or COMPLETE THIS ACTION, (com. Motorola Homescreen)

HELP! Very strange. I just rebooted my droid Razr and the same 2 options above appeared!!! I selected the one I thought was connected to the circle Widget. Guess what? the circle widget and homescreen are still on my phone. How could that be if I deleted the entire folder that held all the circle APK files? How can I rid My phone of this Homescreen pesky devil????

Last edited:

Phillipsave

Reaction score
After the JB update to 4.1.2, on the Razr Maxx, the internal Swype program that came with the phone no longer worked. The spacing option between words stopped, or sometimes capitalized all words instead. Random text was sometimes inserted in what I was typing, particularly when typing in an online forum. The native swype option was frozen in the keyboard settings. I disabled the new stock android keyboard, and booted up again, but that didn't help. I have swithced to SlideIt, which is ok, although I don't like it as much. I'm tempted to download the latest swype beta on top of what I have, but the Swype forums indicate some problems and I'm nervous about doing that. Please advise.

ETA: I downloaded the new Swype beta after all, and it doesn't compete with the existing one that came with the phone. I just check "Swype Beta 1.4" in Language options, and everything is good to go.

Last edited:

helron

Reaction score
Ahhh, I know why. I forgot... the file structure changed in JB (at least it did for my Razr M). Ok, never mind...drop ES...I couldn't find the internal sdcard on that for nothing. Try File Expert... go to the folders tab. It will have SD Card (which is the internal one), External SD Card, and Phone Internal Storage. Also, if you go to Phone Internal Storage --> Storage, you can access the different sdcards.

Tis...loaded above. Still not able to see my external SDcard. But good news, I guess... I totally forgot that I had moved the circle files over to my internal SDcard. That's the reason I'm still seeing those home screen messages!!!! However, what's odd, is that under THEMES tab, I only see one original theme. As of now I actually have 2 original themes, but they are both Motorola themes (razr orig. and circle theme from circle APK install).

GotnFX

Reaction score
Tis...loaded above. Still not able to see my external SDcard. But good news, I guess... I totally forgot that I had moved the circle files over to my internal SDcard. That's the reason I'm still seeing those home screen messages!!!! However, what's odd, is that under THEMES tab, I only see one original theme. As of now I actually have 2 original themes, but they are both Motorola themes (razr orig. and circle theme from circle APK install).

You get this resolved? Does the homescreen app show up under Manage Apps--> download..it should be 16.66 mob version 1.10.568 build 294. You can uninstall just like it was a downloaded app from other play store.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, gotnfx is correct...uninstall it like you would any app. Deleting it from the sd card only deleted the file rather than uninstalled it. When it's installed on your phone, that file (apk) makes changes to your phone that can only be undone by uninstalling. And in order to fully uninstall the circle widgets, you may still need to have the apk file on your sdcard. It's like when you buy a software CD for your pc... unless you put in that CD and install that software, there are no changes to your pc. Once it's installed, you can put the CD in your desk drawer and the software will work without the CD (or it needs both to work, software installed & CD inserted). But just putting the CD in the drawer doesn't get rid of what was installed on your pc. You still have to go into the program manager and uninstall the software that was added to your pc. And sometimes in order to uninstall that software, your pc will prompt you to insert the CD to finish uninstalling. (Hope that makes sense)

I had the same opinion...the circle widgets was not anything too amazing for me either.

I'm not sure about the home launcher themes because I don't use the home launcher. Maybe I should go back to it to see what kinds of things it can do.

helron

Reaction score
You get this resolved? Does the homescreen app show up under Manage Apps--> download..it should be 16.66 mob version 1.10.568 build 294. You can uninstall just like it was a downloaded app from other play store.

Thanks but where should I be looking? Should I be using File Manager to find??
This is what I see all the time. The appea to have the same file name. One is original Raz...other is the new APK from Ircle download package.

Sent using Tapatalk

helron

Reaction score

OK found it. I have 2 Homesreens in Manage Apps, #2 is he one I uninstalled.
1: ver 4.1.2.-58 1.05mb
2: ver 1.1.0.568 build 294 16.76mb

Sent using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Go to Phone settings --> apps then scroll to all apps? Are there two home launchers listed there?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Awesome helron! Are things working like normal?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

helron

Reaction score
Tis, all seems well. Now, taking your advice, and I just installed Nova and testing wallpaper now. Thanks for sharing with me:biggrin: