Bionic soak test coming

FastEddie

Reaction score
I was told also by. A Verizon teck that their is an update coming by the end of nov ICS that fixes all the problems & lots of new stuff. We will see it soon!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

konellaz

Reaction score
Verizon told me ICS, Motorla support said just fixes, ICS to come in 2012. I trust Motorola

I would to since Motomobility is owned by google now right? Or was that a rumor?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I would to since Motomobility is owned by google now right? Or was that a rumor?

Google did purchase Moto. I don't know if it has gone into effect yet.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Verizon told me ICS, Motorla support said just fixes, ICS to come in 2012. I trust Motorola

I was having data issues earlier today. And i havent dropped data once since launch. So i called big red.. went thru a few dolts on the lower end of tech support ... got a very nice "lead tech" lady..she explained my data problem was them working on 4g network and its causing trouble for all 4g phones.. then i told a white lie saying i had other data drops due to software.. and she said not to worry the fix is going live soon. I said soon? Like december? And she said "soon as in before nov is over you wont have the data and camera problems anymore and i cant say more than that" so... good news! Glad i stayed stock rooted. Looks like we'll be enjoying our phones much more. Cm7 has 1x data... they are making headway on the bootloader... we have 6 roms up n running... things are looking up brothers.

konellaz

Reaction score
I was having data issues earlier today. And i havent dropped data once since launch. So i called big red.. went thru a few dolts on the lower end of tech support ... got a very nice "lead tech" lady..she explained my data problem was them working on 4g network and its causing trouble for all 4g phones.. then i told a white lie saying i had other data drops due to software.. and she said not to worry the fix is going live soon. I said soon? Like december? And she said "soon as in before nov is over you wont have the data and camera problems anymore and i cant say more than that" so... good news! Glad i stayed stock rooted. Looks like we'll be enjoying our phones much more. Cm7 has 1x data... they are making headway on the bootloader... we have 6 roms up n running... things are looking up brothers.

Getting my 5th bionic tomorrow.. Credited two months of data, and was told the same thing by and actual Lte manager tonight.. Took 4 bionics and last two days of calling to get someone higher than customer relations which are higher then the supervisor techs. If a sup tech does not give you want you want.. Ask for customer relations.

konellaz

Reaction score
Google did purchase Moto. I don't know if it has gone into effect yet.

Honestly.. That's why I have not jumped on the Samsung bandwagon!! Sure its a sick phone, but google has tricks up their sleeve always have.. I'm sure that acquisition runs hand in hand with their sexy operating systems of the future :)

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Getting my 5th bionic tomorrow.. Credited two months of data, and was told the same thing by and actual Lte manager tonight.. Took 4 bionics and last two days of calling to get someone higher than customer relations which are higher then the supervisor techs. If a sup tech does not give you want you want.. Ask for customer relations.

Goooood news!

jzmax22

Reaction score
I got the same email, filled out the survey, when do you think it will arrive?

jzmax22

Reaction score
Also would like to know what state my phone should be in? it's stock rooted with SQL hack.

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
Also would like to know what state my phone should be in? it's stock rooted with SQL hack.

I would assume from the survey it needs to be stock unrooted for the direct patch. Now what could be pushed out from p3droid and other devilpers could differ.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Soak testing is a step beyond beta testing. The build being soak tested has already been beta tested internally by Moto and Verizon.

The purpose of a soak test is to push the (most likely official) update to a limited number of devices to gauge how well the rollout works and to find any showstopping last minute bugs (the only thing that would cause the build being tested not to become final). In other words, do a small controlled rollout ahead of the main deployment.

EDIT: What I mean by this is the software SHOULD be fully beta tested at this point. The purpose of a soak test should be to test the deployment of the update package, not to test the update package itself.

10-4 beta testing the deployment process

RacingTiger03

Reaction score

Yeah I wouldn't think the odds of us getting ICS are very high. The nexus will be the demo model for ICS, and unless the update gets pushed back it won't be allowed out pre-nexus release. For that matter the source code for ICS was just finalized and released what, a week ago? In the past it's taken moto a month or two with the source code out to bring the next in line update to the phones. Don't get your hopes up for ICS just yet... not from moto anyways, I'm sure our devs will be bringing some ICS goodness to the table VERY soon even if its just hybrids of ICS and GB