I fudged up bad you guys :(

Alleyezonmike

Reaction score
I "rooted" my phone using
-Christim-
"Step 2 option A:
Root your phone without your computer - This would be the path someone on a Mac could take or someone without access to a computer.
This works for the DX and D2 phone, won't work for the D1
Visit the market and get the free Android Terminal Emulator installed.
Visit the market and make sure you have Astro installed.
Grab rageagainsthecage.zip with your phone
Use Astro to navigate to the /sdcard/download folder
Long press on the rageagainstthecage.zip file and "extract to this directory"
The 4 files, from the zip file should now be in the /sdcard/download folder (rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin, su, superuser.apk and busybox.
What are we going to do?
Steps 1- 5: Change to the /tmp folder on your phone, copy the file to the tmp directory, change its permissions. run it, and wait.

Step 6: make sure we can proceed

Steps 7 - 14: make system read-writable, copy the superuser. su and busybox files to where they need to go, use chmode to change their permissions, then make the system folder read-only, and exit Terminal Emulator.

If you want to know more about the commands being used here: cd, cp, chmod, mount, and exit are all Linux commands you can look up on your favorite search engine.

Okay, let's do it - type the blue parts in Terminal Emulator
cd /tmp
cp /sdcard/download/rage*.bin /tmp/
chmod 777 rage*.bin
./rage*.bin
This will take some time, just wait for the $ to show up so you know it is done.
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Terminal Emulator > and Force Stop the application
Sanity check - Go into Terminal Emulator again and make sure you have a # symbol as a prompt. If so you are ready to proceed.
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/download/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
cp /sdcard/download/su /system/bin/su
cp /sdcard/download/busybox /system/bin/busybox
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
exit"

Everytime I would get to one of the last commands to put in it would always be an error.

Prior to that, I rooted my X with zRoot and downloaded bootstrap. I tried making a complete backup with bootstrap but it would always freeze halfway through and I would have to pull the battery. I unrooted with zRoot, deleted bootstrap and tried the method above. That's when I would get the error.

Now, I would always get this weird menu when I turn on my phone called "clockwork mod" with a version #. It got so annoying because I would click the option, "reboot now" and it would restart but say my SD card was damaged. I would do the restarting process again and it would be fine. I noticed my camera would be messed up, can't view pictures, and crap like that.

Finally, I factory restored my phone but continued to get the menu. WHY?!

Just now, "I clicked format system" on the menu. It said success so I removed the battery, left it out for a little, and popped it back in.

NOW, when I turn my phone on, it just sticks on the Motorola screen. (The one here its the M with a silver circle around it).

What I want to know is:
1. How do I COMPLETELY wipe my phone if it won't start up?
2. How do I get rid of that menu that pops up??

P.S.- When I would go into astro file manager, I would find some files called "root", "bootstrap" some other stuff related to that and when I would go to delete it, it would say there was an error deleting it.

So what I ask now, is for a christmas miracle, for somebody to PLEASE help me ASAP! I really hate not having a phone :'''(

Thank you guys and a merry christmas to all :)

OP
Alleyezonmike

Alleyezonmike

Reaction score
Abe, I did the sbf thing with this first.

(I do have 30.04)
The bootloader is a black screen with white text. It should say:

Bootloader
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Note: If your bootloader is 30.04 then this will not work for you unless you use the newer sbf file below!.

Download Here!

It passed that but I couldn't get passed the black bootload screen.

Then I tried it with

The bootloader version 30.04 is not compatible with the links below. If your bootloader is version 30.04, you will need to use this sbf file:
Download Here
This usually corresponds to Android Versions 2.3.320 and 2.3.340, but can also come stock on a refurbished phone. If you attempt to flash the wrong .sbf file you will seriously **** up your phone.

And it failed.

Now I am stuck with the black screen that says:

"Bootloader
Code corrupt

(Flashing) Battery low, Cannot program.(Flashing)

BUT it has been plugged in ALL day! Idk what's going on.
Please help me with your almighty powers

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its not gonna charge in the phone now. gotta find another way to charge it

external charger, another DX, or split a USB cord...

you need to charge it first before u do anything else

MrKleen

Reaction score
When you rooted and bootstrapped that "menu" was exactly what you needed... Clockwork Recovery.

Clockwork recovery is what you use to make backups and load custom Roms. And even if you don’t want a custom rom it is needed.

If you don't want to be rooted then you don't need it.

If you wanted to be rooted you were on the right track.

OP
Alleyezonmike

Alleyezonmike

Reaction score
I did want 2 be rooted. Every time I would try and make a backup it would freeze halfway through. I would let my phone sit then the screen would dim and sleep and I couldn't get it back on unless I did a battery pull.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Hmm, where are you at now? Do you have it fixed or do you still need help?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Please use z4 root next time. What you did seems way to complicated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
It wouldn't install? What was the problem? That's one of the smoothest apps I have run.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Alleyezonmike

Alleyezonmike

Reaction score