I call bull on the GNex cpu

alucard9114

Reaction score
After having this phone for 5 months and having exp from PC - smart phone CPU
I have came to the conclusion this CPU is an overclocked 1 ghz.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
After having this phone for 5 months and having exp from PC - smart phone CPU
I have came to the conclusion this CPU is an overclocked 1 ghz.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

And your conclusion (backed by no facts or evidence) is completely wrong.

The Galaxy Nexus uses the TI OMAP 4460, which is a 1.5GHz chipset. It is technically underclocked. However with these mobile chipsets, there is no "set in stone" clock speed; the 1.5GHz rating means it can run UP TO 1.5GHz.

Last edited by a moderator:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for posting the correct information though, Dave!

Durandgir

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the correct information though, Dave!

from my previous assumptions the RAZR and Nexus have the same exact CPU so therefore wouldn't that mean also that "people should be calling bull" on that one too?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
from my previous assumptions the RAZR and Nexus have the same exact CPU so therefore wouldn't that mean also that "people should be calling bull" on that one too?

Actually, the RAZR (and Bionic, D4, and D3) all have the TI OMAP 4430, which is basically the same, but the max clockspeed of the 4430 is (as specced by TI) 1.0GHz. In essence, the RAZR and D4 are overclocked from the factory.

The 4460 in the GNex also has a slightly faster GPU (384MHz, vs. 304MHz for the 4430)

Durandgir

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
Actually, the RAZR (and Bionic, D4, and D3) all have the TI OMAP 4430, which is basically the same, but the max clockspeed of the 4430 is (as specced by TI) 1.0GHz. In essence, the RAZR and D4 are overclocked from the factory.

The 4460 in the GNex also has a slightly faster GPU (384MHz, vs. 304MHz for the 4430)

Well I was close haha. I must had gotten the numbers mixed up my bad lol.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I was close haha. I must had gotten the numbers mixed up my bad lol.

No worries, it's confusing when companies release multiple versions of the same chipset, with minor differences. The chipset to really look forward to is the OMAP 4470, as that one has the multicore GPU like the iPhone 4S

Durandgir

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
No worries, it's confusing when companies release multiple versions of the same chipset, with minor differences. The chipset to really look forward to is the OMAP 4470, as that one has the multicore GPU like the iPhone 4S

I agree its getting crazy, now that's going to be awesome. But back on topic its 1.2ghz and I have not seen anything that says so otherwise. Plus how can you argue its not when most roms are defaulted at 1.2ghz. Unless you under locked it just for the sake of trolling us I don't see your reasoning Alucard.

Briankbl

Reaction score
lol OP ran away never to be heard from again.

The End.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
I understand that all cpus are different but as for mine it runs at 1.2ghz and under if I go over that with any kernal it will lock up hope this galaxy s 3 holds up better.

Sent from my GT-i9300 using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm.

Let's cut out the SD Police talk?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand that all cpus are different but as for mine it runs at 1.2ghz and under if I go over that with any kernal it will lock up hope this galaxy s 3 holds up better.

Sent from my GT-i9300 using Tapatalk

That's because there is a safety built into the kernel. If you run one of Imo's no trim, you'll be able to run up to 1.65 GHz.

Before imo's no trim, I would lock up at anything faster than 1.32. I don't run at 1.65 because I think 1.2 is fast enough, but if you want to over clock you certainly can. And you really shouldn't come to such bold conclusions with no evidence other than "I can't get it to work so it can't work".

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok no more police talk - let's keep it on topic, and respectful all the way around.

I ended up cleaning up a lot of stuff that was relatively harmless, but made no sense when the derogatory comments were cleaned up (or removed completely). So, sorry for the "over cleaning", but it simply didn't make sense! :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Briankbl said:
lol OP ran away never to be heard from again.

The End.

Made mistake, can't delete on app lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums