How much data do you use?

prowler85

Reaction score
Google music? I looked and did not see it at Google.com.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

You can get the app from the market (see sbenson's link). The site is at music.google.com though, and you have to create an account and upload music (on a pc) first. It's great if you have a lot of music as they give you 20,000 song storage (about 100 gb) free. The app has a few issues but if you just want to stream your own music and not store it on your phone it works great.

tuffD1

Reaction score
I got over 5 gigs. Sure' its not over 600gigs :) But its still more than the plan they recently offered to help lower my bill. HA! UNLIMITED FOR LIFE ;)

Sent from my MavD³

Last edited:

Mont

Reaction score
My old phone the DX I average 2g with my highest I think was 3 or 4 Gig.

With my Nex my first cycle I went over 6Gig and now into my second cycle with 20 days still left Im already right at 2G.

I know what happened the first month I dont know what Im doing now to get it so high so fast besides streaming Rhapsody for a few days because my gym I attend too the music stop and start with their WIFI for some reason. It never did it on my DX so I use the 4G to stream most of the time

Nick D

Reaction score
I use no where near the amount that some of you guys use. I definitely use more now with my GNex then I did with my OG. Some of that I am sure is the phone, some of it is lifestyle changes. WIth my OG I used to always go Wifi when at home, now I usually just stay on data, even though it is only 3g at home. I think I finally have hit 2Gb last month. I am @1.5Gb this month with several days in my cycle. Most of my usage probably comes from streaming Pandora when I'm out working in the garage and the rest comes from the usual checking email, playing word games & surfing the net. I haven't streamed any Netflix yet nor have I tethered to my wife's Xoom.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
3.9g with 12 days life.. just moved and it took a week to get internet, so I did alot of tethering that week.

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

nikecar

Reaction score
Google music? I looked and did not see it at Google.com.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

That's hard to believe. When I've searched for it on Google on friends pcs to install, its always the first when I type: Google music

I'm also now at 4gb with a week left. Let it be known again, Google music is a data hog.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
well my cycle ended. 6.67gb. I'm sure that'll go up though as I've recently gotten a sling box :hail: second month I've had this phone and once again beat 6gb. Have a feeling its going to be my new low lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Syraz

Reaction score
Up to around 4gb, that is because I tethered a lot when I had to wait a week for internet to get turned on at new place, would been more but was right before I got a 4g phone. I have a feeling it will go farther up once I start 4g tethering at work, tired of the very slow internet during my 5hour dead time

wolstonc

Reaction score
I use 2-3 gigs. Never on wifi, because 4gis faster (get about 15 MB/s vs my home internets 10), plus I like saving my home bandwidth for other things

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

lookEVO

Reaction score
Im a week into my billing cycle and already at 3gb. I download torrents thru my phone because 4g is faster than my home internet.