I am sure this has been covered.

dabootsan

Reaction score
I am a bit scrambled by reading all of the other threads and apologize if this is a repost of a question. I was previously rooted and then followed one of the other links on this forum to get to 901, now I cannot get root no matter what I try. I just ran the one-click link and it says I am rooted, but I run root checker and it states I am not and Superuser is not present. What to do? Bionic is Version; 2.3.4 System: 5.9.901XT875

Thanks and sorry again if this one is a rerun.

Rob

sintech

Reaction score
well i suggest you go downgrade to .886 by using this guide and downloading all the files: http://droidmodderx.com/bionic/p3droids-bionic-path-saver-1-click-restore-bionic-to-upgrade-path/
t
hen you need to maintain root with forever root method: http://droidmodderx.com/bionic/maintain-root-through-any-update-bionic-with-forever-root/
t
he updating to .901 and you should maintain root the flash whatever rom you want

EDIT: if you need files like root browser or the .901 file so you can flash in stock restore screen ill upload then upon request :)

quizzard

Reaction score
I had to run the path saver 1 click program twice. First time upgraded me to 901 unrooted, second time restored my root. However, I did have to uninstall Superuser and reinstall it from the market after regaining root.

donzz

Reaction score
Has anyone seen great improvement in their phone (for any reason) updating to 901? I had a data issue before the 875 update but that took care of everything. I'm not going to mess with the 901 because my phone is working excellent now. I'm just curious what the 901 was supposed to bring to the table?

sintech

Reaction score
Has anyone seen great improvement in their phone (for any reason) updating to 901? I had a data issue before the 875 update but that took care of everything. I'm not going to mess with the 901 because my phone is working excellent now. I'm just curious what the 901 was supposed to bring to the table?
Application Updates/Improvements
  1. Preload VCast Apps Store
  2. Preload Sling stub application
  3. Preload MOG stub application
  4. VZNavigator preload updated to version 7.2.0.452
  5. Youtube videos restart after pausing to access Notification Panel
  6. Youtube screen flashes when Back key pressed during video play
  7. Voice call muted while composing a Visual Voiceamail message
  8. Visual Voicemail saves messages to internal memory with UI displaying SD card target
  9. Visual Voicemail delete actions sends delete and save commands to the server
Data Connectivity
  1. Stuck in 3G mode in strong 4G coverage
  2. No 4G data connectivity
  3. No LTE service in LTE only service areas (Hagerstown, MD)
  4. Patch for Alcatel-Lucent LTE infrastructure R9 support
  5. Dual IMSI support
  6. Excessive LTE handover attempts (SIB8 messaging processing)
  7. Improvements in Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot LTE download performance
Device Operation
  1. OTA update needs to utilize Admin APN
  2. Support for National Plus Code Dialing
  3. Cannot play WAV files
  4. Support for Bluetooth Personal Area Networks (PAN)
  5. Missing SMS alerts while on voice calls
  6. Choppy audio while streaming via to a TV via HDMI
  7. No Bluetooth audio when paired and connected
Stability/Performance Improvements
  1. Black screen lockups
  2. Reduced idle resets
  3. Voice call drops when SMS message is received
  4. Lockups when XT875 is in the multimedia dock
  5. Resets after camera multi-shots are taken
  6. Internal memory file creation dates shown as December 31, 1969
  7. Clock widget time does not match Notification Panel time

source: http://www.androidegis.com

sintech

Reaction score
I had to run the path saver 1 click program twice. First time upgraded me to 901 unrooted, second time restored my root. However, I did have to uninstall Superuser and reinstall it from the market after regaining root.
use 1 click return path to return to stock then on stock update to .886 and use this 1-click_exploit.zip to root your phone (it uses an updated way to root your phone for .886 then use that video tutorial to forever root method your file so then you can flash this file 901.zip through the droid bionic stock recovery ( hold down volume button and power button) you should maintain root if you get a cdt error use this to fix it 901.zip

e
dit: make sure the .901 zip file is in the internal storage not the sd card storage

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
Ok I tried the one click method and received: 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

This message shows after each "push". Phone did not reboot. Still on 901.

quizzard

Reaction score
use 1 click return path to return to stock then on stock update to .886 and use this 1-click_exploit.zip to root your phone (it uses an updated way to root your phone for .886 then use that video tutorial to forever root method your file so then you can flash this file 901.zip through the droid bionic stock recovery ( hold down volume button and power button) you should maintain root if you get a cdt error use this to fix it 901.zip

e
dit: make sure the .901 zip file is in the internal storage not the sd card storage

Thats odd. Maybe we're referring to different pathsavers. The one I used had forever root built in.

For the OP, make sure you have the latest motorola drivers installed, phone set to charge only, usb debugging enable, etc.

sintech

Reaction score
Ok I tried the one click method and received: 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

This message shows after each "push". Phone did not reboot. Still on 901.

I believe that means you need the latest Motorola drivers for your phone installed onto your pc

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
Ok. I have no idea how the drivers weren't updated, but I think that was it. I went to Motorola and downloaded and installed drivers and it seems to be pushing the files now. Thanks for everyone's help.

sintech

Reaction score
Thats odd. Maybe we're referring to different pathsavers. The one I used had forever root built in.

For the OP, make sure you have the latest motorola drivers installed, phone set to charge only, usb debugging enable, etc.

It does but for some people it doesn't work so it's better to do.it manuely to insure it goes threw and there is no root for .901 so you have too too root and use forever root manuely on .886 to pass onto .901 by flashing with stock recovery that's what I did and it worked for me

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
And I am back. Followed the directions to install the 593 file and received this message: E: error in/TMP/Sideload/package.zip (status 7) installation aborted

I am stuck at the "boot" screen. States invalid CG version (CG: boot) Have tried the Fix CDT.bat with no luck.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

sintech

Reaction score
And I am back. Followed the directions to install the 593 file and received this message: E: error in/TMP/Sideload/package.zip (status 7) installation aborted

I am stuck at the "boot" screen. States invalid CG version (CG: boot) Have tried the Fix CDT.bat with no luck.

Any ideas?

Hmmmm your getting in install error o.o tell me what you're doing cause you're getting weird error promps :O

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
All I do now is turn it on and it goes straight into the Fastboot screen. I have tried numerous fixes and nothing has worked so far. In recovery mode, the 893 and 901 updates are there but won't load.

drice72

Reaction score
When the script is pushing the .896 system/preinstall/webtop partitions...just how long is 'awhile' ?