HTC Will Release A Translucent Black HTC U11

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dnix99bx4aexoxv-jpg.78018

Evan Blass just leaked a photo showing off the new Translucent Black variant of the HTC U11. You will be able to see the internals, especially the wireless charging receiver through the translucent glass back. Normally glass backs are painted in such a way that you can't see through them. Zack from the youtube channel "JerryRigEverything" has removed this paint on several phones to show off the insides of those phones. Now it looks like HTC has picked up on the demand for a phone that allows you to peak in. What do you think of the new color?

via @evleaks

Attachments

• DNix99bX4AExoxv.jpg
    DNix99bX4AExoxv.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,019

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Glass back, meaning you have to have a case which will defeat the purpose of translucent back. Htc being stupid as always.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glass back, meaning you have to have a case which will defeat the purpose of translucent back. Htc being stupid as always.
Harsh.

Clear cases do exist, no? Also, no need to sport a case if you go naked. :cool:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't use cases. For this reason I will not even own any phone with glass on the back.
Wanted a G6. Glass back. Pass.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Harsh.

Clear cases do exist, no? Also, no need to sport a case if you go naked. :cool:
Clear tpu turns yellow. Clear plastic will turn yellow also and won't absorb impact.
From looks of the phone, the glass back is curved all around the edges and any drop will shatter your back glass. Though some people might like to sport the spider web design.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Clear tpu turns yellow. Clear plastic will turn yellow also and won't absorb impact.
From looks of the phone, the glass back is curved all around the edges and any drop will shatter your back glass. Though some people might like to sport the spider web design.

I don't know, some clear cases hold up pretty good when dropped. I think htc has an interesting look with their new translucent look. maybe people who purchase that phone tend to use them naked.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score

I use Poetic Affinity clear cases and I have yet to have one turn yellow.