HTC U11 Fails Catastrophically In Bend Test

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The HTC U11 is HTC's latest and greatest. The device is getting plenty of praise and has been able to put HTC back on the map in the minds of consumers. The updated camera is one of the best on the market, and while the phone looks amazing the thin and sleek design may be detrimental to the phone's durability.

Zack of JerryRigEverything has put the HTC U11 through his normal bend, scratch, and burn tests which did not turn out so well for the U11. Gorilla Glass 5 scratches began at a level 6 on the mohs hardness scale which puts it right up there with devices like the Galaxy S8 in scratch resistance. Pixels disappear but spring right back after the burn test. When the U11 was put through the bend test the glass on the front and back shattered and the LCD was damaged as well. The back glass rest on top of the frame adding zero structural support. The U11 is still a great phone all around just don't sit on it.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So he found the weakest point and applied Max pressure to that point and bent the phone. Congratulations, sorry, but I put zero value in this bend test. He did the same thing to a N6P and others I'm sure and I've yet to bend mine nor do I know anybody that has bent their phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So he found the weakest point and applied Max pressure to that point and bent the phone. Congratulations, sorry, but I put zero value in this bend test. He did the same thing to a N6P and others I'm sure and I've yet to bend mine nor do I know anybody that has bent their phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
+1. . Bend tests by this guy mean nothing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1. . Bend tests by this guy mean nothing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I understand where it is coming from as it stemmed from the iPhone bendgate years back, but yeah they are extreme. With that said it gives an idea of possibilities for those who like to keep their phones in their back pocket.

Again it's extreme because that type of pressure is rarely put on a phone like that, if ever.

Hey he get views and sponsorships so I'm not going to throw shade on the man's hustle. Do what you gotta do.

I do like scratch tests for the screens, not so much concerned with the chassis.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk