HTC Thunderbolt Video Unboxing

geoff5093

Reaction score
I really wish they would make a full length battery for the phones, and make the entire back the battery cover. That way if you got an extended batt it would just add a little thickness to the whole phone, and not have a ridiculous bump.
+1, the iPhone 4 has a battery almost as long as the phone.

Wirefly

Reaction score
Thank you all for the nice comments about Wirefly's unboxing video. When I was handed the box for the ThunderBolt, I was told that it was the actual shipping package. Therefore, I assume that there will be no earphones in the box with the ThunderBolt.

The SIM card is another issue, however. AT&T and T-Mobile always pack a SIM card in the box. There are a couple other Verizon phones that have SIM cards (DROID 2 Global and DROID Pro), and these come with the SIM pre-mounted in the slot. I'm sure the ThunderBolt will be sold with a SIM, but don't know for sure if it will be pre-mounted or just shipped with the phone.

I've had more time to use the ThunderBolt and it is a GREAT phone. Wirefly will shortly post a "Schmackdown!" video that compares the ThunderBolt to its older brother from a different carrier, the HTC EVO 4G. The EVO is another great phone, so this will be a lot of fun. Hope you guys all enjoy it, as well as Wirefly's other ThunderBolt videos.

Bob at Wirefly

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the great video Bob. Is there anyway you could run the app "Neocore" on the Thunderbolt and post how many FPS it achieves? It is a free 3D benchmark. I had heard the TB would be lacking in the 3D department, and wanted to know how it compares to my DX. Thanks in advance.

rootytooty

Reaction score
i bought a second htc droid 2 days ago...... no headphones...... i think all droids should come with a car charger since the batteries go fairly quick

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you all for the nice comments about Wirefly's unboxing video. When I was handed the box for the ThunderBolt, I was told that it was the actual shipping package. Therefore, I assume that there will be no earphones in the box with the ThunderBolt.

The SIM card is another issue, however. AT&T and T-Mobile always pack a SIM card in the box. There are a couple other Verizon phones that have SIM cards (DROID 2 Global and DROID Pro), and these come with the SIM pre-mounted in the slot. I'm sure the ThunderBolt will be sold with a SIM, but don't know for sure if it will be pre-mounted or just shipped with the phone.

I've had more time to use the ThunderBolt and it is a GREAT phone. Wirefly will shortly post a "Schmackdown!" video that compares the ThunderBolt to its older brother from a different carrier, the HTC EVO 4G. The EVO is another great phone, so this will be a lot of fun. Hope you guys all enjoy it, as well as Wirefly's other ThunderBolt videos.

Bob at Wirefly

Waiting for the video

smokiedabong

Reaction score

Bob at Wirefly

I would love to see how Thunderbolt handles multitasking compared to the EVO 4G . It has some extra RAM so I assume it does better .