HTC Rezound coupling with Google Nexus 7

hydro556

Reaction score
I have a Google Nexus 7 due tomorrow and am just curious about a couple things.

First, wondering if any of you are using and your general thoughts on the N7.

Secondly, curious about my options to pair the 2 devices. My primary intention is for the Nexus 7 to be used around the house instead of my laptop, but inevitably I will end up taking it in the car. My Rezound is not rooted because I havent found the need yet. But I think this may compel me to do so.

I would need to root in order to get a wifi hotspot, correct? What about Bluetooth tethering, is that the same deal?

Just curious on your all's thoughts on how to get the most from the combo of the HTC and the Nexus 7.

Snoking

Reaction score
Foxfi on the RZ and PDANET Tablet kinda works with bluetooth. Market would not work and gmail would not update on my Acer Iconia A200. Internet worked.

I gave up for now and I am paying VZW for their hotspot, which works great. I have unlimited plan, so traffic is not a issue.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
So you were rooted and couldnt get a consistent wifi hotspot?

I have never rooted, but a buddy at work rooted his S3 and it gets a great and reliable hot spot, no problem.

How much does Verizon charge for the hot spot?

Snoking

Reaction score
No I am stock, that is why bluetooth. WiFi will not work on RZ without root. On my family plan with unlimited data, hotspot is $30 per month less my discount as a retiree of a major bank.

Kenyon1

Reaction score
I have both the Rezound and the nexus 7. I think they kick button. I read my books and play games on the nexus and when I am on the go I just use the Rezound.

I was going to trade in my phone for the s3 or iphone 5 but now the Rezound has ics and I use swift key 3 I am happier than ever

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Nexus7 is a faster, smoother, larger screened Rezound to me. With Tablet Talk enabled on both I really don't need to take my phone or of its holster anymore for texts and calls. With foxfi on the phone and pdanet on the tablet,I don't need to take my phone out of its holster for web surfing,tapatalk for forums either.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
sent from this Galaxy

nikecar

Reaction score
yes, the FoxFi wifi won't work with HTC phones its been reported. Not sure if its non-rooted though or not.

I use FoxFi on the Rezound to connect my N7 using PDANet Tablet with bluetooth.

Works fine, but some items won't like a bible app. I've never tried the play store tethered. i'm nonrooted too.

For what i need to do, it works. You can also access gmail via the webbrowser too.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes, the FoxFi wifi won't work with HTC phones its been reported. Not sure if its non-rooted though or not.

I use FoxFi on the Rezound to connect my N7 using PDANet Tablet with bluetooth.

Works fine, but some items won't like a bible app. I've never tried the play store tethered. i'm nonrooted too.

For what i need to do, it works. You can also access gmail via the webbrowser too.

But the battery life on my Rezound is much better when I use the Nexus7 Fire phone features by not using the phones screen. Bluetooth uses a lot less battery than my screen and if I actually need something that won't tether over Bluetooth I've still got my phone.
Which Bible app? I use Tecarta which is offline anyway. If it's YouVersion you can load quite a few translations onto the device for offline use.
I can check my Gmail on the browser. I get the notification of new arrivals on my phone, check it on the browser of the tablet I've got with me at the moment.
Play store says "waiting for network" when attempting to download new or update existing UNLESS my tablet was on a Wi-Fi network when enabling foxfi/pdanet , thus having a secure connection to Google before going to the combo .

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano