HTC planning a "major news announcement" for tomorrow morning

Byakushiki

Reaction score
They would've done better teaming up with Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Pioneer, etc.
Now there's some quality audio.
Beats will only get you bass. Just bass, and not even good bass. I'll also be sticking to moto or samsung...

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
If the Announcement is this here is the commercial!!!

[video=youtube;z5uqvcrmJCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5uqvcrmJCQ"]HTC and Beats by Dr. Dre - YouTube[/video]

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
HTC officially announces partnership with Beats by Dre; devices coming this fall

Here is an Article about the Partnership:

From left: Music mogul Jimmy Iovine, HTC CEO Peter Chou and Dr. Dre

That's it. We've got a sneaking suspicion tomorrow's "major news announcement" is going to have something to do with a partnership with Beats by Dre. First there was the tease. And then the official leak. And then the Beats by Dre blog post. And now, HTC has officially announced "a strategic partnership and investment with Beats Electronics LLC."
The obvious question at this point is, what device will we first see with Beats by Dre? This fall, says HTC.
As far as the terms of the partnership, no official dollar amount was listed, though $300 million was mentioned by AllThingsD. Meanwhile, Beats Electronics will remain an independent company, and it appears that Best Buy (we assume among other retailers) will be involved on the sales side.
So, that's it. Full press release is after the break. Join us for the conference call and liveblog Thursday morning, if you still want more.
HTC AND BEATS BY DR. DRE SET TO
INTRODUCE NEW ERA IN MOBILE AUDIO

Strategic HTC investment to result in Beats-integrated HTC phones this fall

TAOYUAN, Taiwan, and SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Aug. 11, 2011 — HTC Corp., a global designer of mobile devices, today announced a strategic partnership and investment with Beats™ Electronics LLC., the company redefining the audio market with its iconic Beats by Dr. Dre™ audio experience. The two fast-growing brands will focus on bringing high performance sound to HTC phones.

“The HTC and Beats by Dr. Dre partnership is an opportunity for two world-class companies to redefine the smartphone industry and define the future,” said Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Beats by Dr. Dre and chairman and CEO of Interscope Geffen A&M Records, which is a division of Universal Music Group and a stakeholder in Beats. “For Beats by Dr. Dre, this represents a critical step in our continued mission to clean up the destruction of audio caused by the digital revolution and reengineer how sound is delivered, so the consumer feels the music the way that the artist intended.”

HTC and Beats have been working together to create superior mobile audio experiences for consumers, which will result in a line of HTC devices integrated with Beats sound innovations, available this fall.

“Beats has found a unique way to harness popular culture in a manner that is unlike any other brand today,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corp. “It’s an exciting brand that has been built around providing something very special, and we believe our strategic partnership will provide customers with unbeatable sound on HTC phones. We obsess over every detail of a consumer’s mobile experience, and audio is a critical part of that experience.”

HTC is known for unifying content, services and devices into unique mobile experiences. And Beats is known for its unique consumer brand appeal and ability to reproduce the full spectrum of sound captured in professional recording studios, allowing consumers to hear music the way the artist intended. Bringing these two great brands together will create superior mobile music and sound experiences while accelerating HTC’s entry into the youth and accessories markets globally.

Beats Electronics will continue to operate autonomously — with Iovine as chairman and Luke Wood as president and chief operating officer — with its current business partnerships, including Monster Cable Products Inc., HP and Chrysler Group LLC. Iovine also will continue serving as chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records.

“Our customers have clearly responded to Beats and HTC, and Best Buy is proud to feature their products in our stores,” said Brian J. Dunn, CEO, Best Buy. “We are committed to offering innovative and entertaining technologies that help consumers enhance their lives. Our customers expect that from us. The unique HTC Sense experience and the great sound of Beats provide prime examples of that focus.”

By Phil Nickinson
Source

nikecar

Reaction score
weak announcement. So will all the phones have a default F- the Police ringtone or some Eminem one?

I hope Apple sues them over this now.

Are you serious? Just because they're investing in BEATS doesn't mean that the devices are gonna all come with RAP ringtones. That's a very immature thing to say. And why would apple sue them, its not like they took the idea from them.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Apple is suing everyone. If Apple doesn't figure a way to sue now I'd be surprised.

And I bet there will be a hiphopish ringtone once fully implemented

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

jodyberry

Reaction score
They make it sound like it's some major audio innovation. It's just throwing a famous name on basic equipment for more sales!

The announcement was a letdown.

bhall238

Reaction score
This is the "major" announcement? Talk about misusing words, this is a "major" disappointment.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This is the "major" announcement? Talk about misusing words, this is a "major" disappointment.

To some...to others not so much especially for the beats branding sicne they're the ones getting the most out of this partnership

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Remember....these are the folks that said the TBolt was not your dream phone...its the one AFTER that...

Look how that turned out...

coyote_5

Reaction score

To some...to others not so much especially for the beats branding sicne they're the ones getting the most out of this partnership

Gawd, I wonder how much Beats had to pay to piggyback their crap onto HTC products... Great for Beats, not so much for the unassuming consumer who will be led to believe they are getting something other than a Name slapped on otherwise ordinary hardware

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Gawd, I wonder how much Beats had to pay to piggyback their crap onto HTC products... Great for Beats, not so much for the unassuming consumer who will be led to believe they are getting something other than a Name slapped on otherwise ordinary hardware

Its actually the other way around. HTC invested in BE ATS