HTC Locking bootloaders?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... i take back that I 'only' want root... EOL devices don't get updates, even if they're capable of running them... it would be nice to keep updating even when the mfg. stops :)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
And Dan Hesse of Sprint is currently contesting the AT&T merger. Hopefully they can hold their own if their is a merger. Otherwise all their is is the 2 evil empires VZW and AT&T. Maybe VZW will gobble up the EVO and myTouch if this happens. Isn't this merger against the law anyways. Soon we will be paying $400 for locked, ugly smart-phones with $75 data plans. Where's my Zack Morris phone, lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
VZW just launched the EVO aka Thunderbolt.... I know I know, it's an updated version, but only an incremental upgrade on a device that almost a year old....

I'm not knocking the TB, as I'm still somewhat considering picking one up but it's not the 'next tech' that a lot of these manufacturers are coming out with now.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I talked to motorola today about updates. I ask that if I void my warranty, send in my phone to them will the remove the encryption so I can atleast continue to update my phone when you decide its not important for me to get updates anymore. I was told here is a list of devices getting an update. I noticed my device was not on their so again I pointed that out and asked them to remove the encryption so I can support my own phone that I paid top dollar for. I was told they will not do that and all I could do is hope for an update. So my response was while I hope for an update you can hope that I will ever buy another motorola product if you not gonna support it and you lock it down.

Reaction score
Well the main reason hey bought tmo in the first place is to get those old TV frequencies.... which vzw got WAY more than everyone else...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Just got some awesome news. Verizon is going to be carrying the G1!! They are also releasing the Droid 1 now called Lightning with 512 megs of RAM and LTE capabilities! I'm all over one of these devices. Choices choices!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I want to be mad but long time vzw users reminded me that vzw has always been that way. Other carriers have great phones and subpar service while vzw have great service and old phones. People thought it would all change when they got the droid line of devices. Now it has not been all bad because the droid and droid x are good devices. I want to chalk this year as the year that they are trying out their lte and being its new they don't have a blueprint to give oems. That is why I said this is the best time to do a 1 yr deal to allow them to get though the road bumps. Keep complaining to vzw because they hear you and they are starting to hear the footsteps of other carriers catching up to them. The iphone did not give them the breathing room they had hoped for but in the end I believe vzw will have to change their ways because if more carriers are going lte and 4g and technology is getting better, vzw don't want to lose the grip they have thanks to the droid series and now the fruit.

Reaction score
Their 4g will have amazing coverage. <---- that means period! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

joshoid

Reaction score
My thought is that technology changes so fast in the electronics industry. For the most part I'm locked into a contract for 2 years. At that rate there will be advances making my cell a dinosaur. If I can access options like overcloaking and able to trial different roms it will make the wait for a new phone less painful. Probably why Verizon is pressuring for locked boot loaders. Pushing consumers to buy phone quicker, paying more.