HTC Droid Incredible Launch Guide Ripped Apart

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
acc2chargers-incredible.jpg

Wuyanks from DroidBlog.net has ripped apart the entire HTC Droid Incredible launch guide to give you the scoop on what accessories we'll see hit Verizon shelves later on this week.

Thanks to Alldroid and user 0mie, Verizon’s Official Launch Guide was just leaked. After tearing it apart, we found it to have it has three main focuses. First, is the Incredible’s incredible hardware, which the internet has rehashed over and over again. Secondly, it details Sense UI, which we have seen time and time again on other devices, like the Desire and Legend. Third and finally, to our amazement, the guide details every accessory that will be available on/after launch day, with the exclusion of the pricing. The information is astonishing, and worth looking at for anybody looking to buy a Droid Incredible! And without further ado, here is a rundown of what items you should expect, and what not to expect, on your Launch Day purchase.

Thanks Wuyanks!
Read the full article at: Droid Incredible – Launch Guide Ripped Apart… Accessories Galore! | DroidBlog - Android News

Big Cam

Reaction score
Hold on a second. The Incredible has a TV out? And it's a 3.5mm plug to an RCA. Am i missing something here? Video cannot be transferred through a 3.5mm jack.

mjs31

Reaction score
Interesting stuff. I like the video out for this device. True, not HD, but then again having HD could limit the usability to play back movies on hotel Tv's while traveling. The samples showing the video out on one of the many video was fairly impressive for the movie they were showing.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Hold on a second. The Incredible has a TV out? And it's a 3.5mm plug to an RCA. Am i missing something here? Video cannot be transferred through a 3.5mm jack.

Amazon.com: 3.5MM Plug to RCA/Video Cable - 6 Foot: Electronics

:) it's not HDMI-out, but... it's something!
Wow, in all my years of working with audio equipment (just personally) I've never heard of this. I always thought the 3.5mm jack was audio only.

My thoughts are it's a hardware ability, meaning we cannot do this with the droid. No?

buenos

Reaction score
A lot of the newer camcorders have 3.5mm outs for video/audio....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow, in all my years of working with audio equipment (just personally) I've never heard of this. I always thought the 3.5mm jack was audio only.

My thoughts are it's a hardware ability, meaning we cannot do this with the droid. No?

Though I doubt we can do it with our droid; it is amazing where technology is going. In a year and a half, when its time for a new phone, cells phones will have the processing speeds faster then current netbooks and the ability to remain cool.

Viralstrain

Reaction score

Sure it can, the Zune (and other devices) has been able to do this for a LONG time.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sure it can, the Zune (and other devices) has been able to do this for a LONG time.
Yeah lol my first gen ipod video had tv out through the headphone jack

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Technoman

Reaction score

a 3.5MM jack/plug is not and has never been exclusive to audio. It all depends on how deep and number of connections inside the jack and on the plug. As someone stated in an earlier post, there has been video on the 3.5mm connection for quite some time on camcorders.

The issue with feeding video on a 3.5mm jack is going to be the quality of the video. You cannot get high quality video from a 3.5mm connection. I don't understand why HTC is making a phone that is 3 times better (and with an HDMI out) and putting it on Sprint. What is up with that?