HOWTO: Flash The Droid To Any Network (PRL)

designate72

Reaction score
On step one, when rebooting my phone holding t i get a bootloader menu that says:

Bootloader
2C.6C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

. ipconfig shows no new device and the motorola firmware does not install. 2.2 rooted droid on verizon

Last edited:

kalifa

Reaction score
Question about a flashed droid

I payed a guy 85 bucks on Buena park, orange, CA to flash my droid to metro. he did it successfully and even root it. when i asked him can i use the theter function he basically told me that it would work but he couldnt show me how to do it since he did not had his laptop with him. his answer was: "there is many different ways of using the droid as a modem like connecting the USB port on the computer"
My first question is: Can the tether function be used with metro PCS so i can acces the internet on my laptop by using my Droid? Yes the droid is running superuser (wich i dont even know what that is) and has the tether instaled.
Second question: Since its flashed would me resetting the phone wipe my Metro PCS connection?
Third question: where can i get some free aps for my rooted phone?
Fourth question: If i root the phone again would the Metro PCS flash go bye bye?
As you guys might already realize i am no genius... any feedback would help.
BTW the phone's internet and text and apps like the navigation system are running fine.

ashleydoesit

Reaction score
I'm stuck too.
I get to SPC > Send and it says Failed.. Phone does not answer.
I have it running 2.2, don't know if that makes a difference.
Also I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have MetroPcs service already??
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

napster

Reaction score
well im running 2.1 and still got that error a couple of times. Make sure your connected to the right port - my computer, right click, properties, device manager, under network it should tell you...When i dial *611 it goes to metro service but i havent messed with the esn. What do i do? thanx

dredadevil

Reaction score
flashing to metro pcs in jersey.

so is it possible to have it work in jersey? I had mine flashed in florida by this guy and he said it might not work up here. so what can i do to get this thing working? I turned it on and the droid logo came up and when i tried to call my tmobile, the verizon message came up. What should i do and is it possible to flash over to cricket or boost?:blackdroid:

clownz

Reaction score
On step one, when rebooting my phone holding t i get a bootloader menu that says:

Bootloader
2C.6C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

. ipconfig shows no new device and the motorola firmware does not install. 2.2 rooted droid on verizon

I am having the same issues. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? I am using Windows 7 64 bit and IPv6 is on. Don't know if this has anything to do with it. Also my computer connects to a wireless router, not sure if that makes it any more difficult.

Thanks in Advance.

jdrueb

Reaction score
Getting old

Ok i just dont understand what is going wrong. Trying to flash my droid but can not even get past the VSP part. i do "ipconfig" and put in the COrrect i.p/ as well as +.1. all it has to say is error. error. error. no mater what i try. It IS telling me my LAN is closed( if this is the issue how would i go about fixing such a thing because idk what else to do.) if someoen could send me a reply with updated links and maybe a more detailed posting please do. i got this phone for 200 bux and it has been sitting around for 3 weeks because i cant even flash it. and if anyone has a video to do this PLEASE send me the link. Thank you for yoru fast respose. James. :icon_evil:

mikejones396

Reaction score
ok i just dont understand what is going wrong. Trying to flash my droid but can not even get past the vsp part. I do "ipconfig" and put in the correct i.p/ as well as +.1. All it has to say is error. Error. Error. No mater what i try. It is telling me my lan is closed( if this is the issue how would i go about fixing such a thing because idk what else to do.) if someoen could send me a reply with updated links and maybe a more detailed posting please do. I got this phone for 200 bux and it has been sitting around for 3 weeks because i cant even flash it. And if anyone has a video to do this please send me the link. Thank you for yoru fast respose. James. :icon_evil:

did you put your phone in diag mode?

bhaal73

Reaction score
I flashed my droid to metro and have been using it for a few months with out any problems. I fly from Florida to Chicago and I loose everything except for SMS. When I try and make a call it says I'm not a Verizon customer and to call customer service. Can anyone offer any help?

goochbuntu

Reaction score
here is my site that made it has links to prl files a few i have used or taken off cricket phones http://cricketflash.co.cc/ i will be adding more prl soon if you have more cricket prls please pm me here and ill get them loaded up thanks

goochbuntu

Reaction score
my site update

i have uploaded instructions on how to flash a droid to cricket.. i have taken it from another website and changed it a bit since that worked good for me so far all i have is a problem with mms out going i can get mms but i just noticed today i couldnt send them..

cricketflash.co.cc has the prl files and so does http://droid.cricketflash.co.cc

i will be doing some further testing and will be loading the a nv file and qpst programing stright from a cricket android phone... basicly what im hoping is that i can get a easier flash to cricket by doing it and changing my instructions to make it easier to flash android phones to cricket.. hoping this works ill post in a few days. if i have success on this part :icon_ banana:

please visit the website i provided to get some cool prl files and if you have a droid , 2 and dx the steps their should help you and files i included should help to

goochbuntu

Reaction score
I flashed my droid to metro and have been using it for a few months with out any problems. I fly from Florida to Chicago and I loose everything except for SMS. When I try and make a call it says I'm not a Verizon customer and to call customer service. Can anyone offer any help?

ok this is what you need to do is get a different prl for metro you most likely need to find out a prl that works in fl and chicago with metro this may fix the problem you have the prl file you have may not be correct in one of those areas. if you need help loading prls i have a site but i dont have many prls for metro http://cricketflash.co.cc has some prls for metro but they are very old from 2004 so the web would have new ones that could support you service. but i have some stuff that can help you load new prls on your phone if you dont have them already

goochbuntu

Reaction score
so is it possible to have it work in jersey? I had mine flashed in florida by this guy and he said it might not work up here. so what can i do to get this thing working? I turned it on and the droid logo came up and when i tried to call my tmobile, the verizon message came up. What should i do and is it possible to flash over to cricket or boost?:blackdroid:

cricket yes you can flash it to cricket but not to boost.. boost will only allow sprint branded or boost branded phones only since its a sprint network they will follow what sprint allows only allowing their esns or meids this is the reason i left them to go to cricket... the only way to flash it to boost mobile is to change the meid to one of their esns. which qpst has the nvm folder locked not easy to change meids and its not really talked about on the web since its illegal to talk about cloning a phone even if its a meid you own.

as far as flashing to cricket or metro its not hard to do.. on cricket 42600 and 42700 are good prls that work all over the us.. but as far as metro i have no idea since i dont have there cool system in our area. i would love to have metro with the 4g possibilities..

hopefully sprint will start following the other cdma carriers and allowing non sprint phones on their network like verzion and cricket has those companies have listened to the courts and allowed the user to use the phones they own. as long as they have the correct programming

Takenover83

Reaction score
Last edited:

jdrueb

Reaction score
ok i just dont understand what is going wrong. Trying to flash my droid but can not even get past the vsp part. I do "ipconfig" and put in the correct i.p/ as well as +.1. All it has to say is error. Error. Error. No mater what i try. It is telling me my lan is closed( if this is the issue how would i go about fixing such a thing because idk what else to do.) if someoen could send me a reply with updated links and maybe a more detailed posting please do. I got this phone for 200 bux and it has been sitting around for 3 weeks because i cant even flash it. And if anyone has a video to do this please send me the link. Thank you for yoru fast respose. James. :icon_evil:

did you put your phone in diag mode?
Thanks for the help, But still cant get past writing the prl. i actuly got it to take my 000000 code but now when i try and write the prl it said phone is not answering. im using cdma ws 2.7 and have followd all the instructions exactly as writen and it just wont work. yes its in diag mode. i just did a fresh root so there is no issue there. it just... wont take. i knwo someone has had this problem somewhere. HELP!