Configuring EVDO parameters on D2G

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
I believe you have to follow these recommendations.
Android - whiterabbit.org

There's also a 90-pages topic in howardforums forum about service programming.

3g might not work in two cases: 1st - wrong login, 2nd - wrong password :)

5enator

Reaction score
Help Link Radiocomm 11.11.7

Greeting from Indonesia

Hi
Today, i have received my D2G that i bought from US and I'm a newbie using D2G and i can't use QPST to programming this phone, could you help me where is link for Radiocomm 11.11.7.
I already have Hardware Virtual Serial Port.
Thanks for your help

Last edited:
OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
Greeting from Indonesia

Hi
Today, i have received my D2G that i bought from US and I'm a newbie using D2G and i can't use QPST to programming this phone, could you help me where is link for Radiocomm 11.11.7.
I already have Hardware Virtual Serial Port.
Thanks for your help
what version of QPST are you trying to use?
It has to be not less than build 355.

Last edited:

5enator

Reaction score
I already download RC 11.11.7 and i use it " ..till the radio detection turns green and status bar will show Motorola A956.." but after using Hardware Virtual Serial Port and then connect QPST built 3.4.8 my D2G still Online connection failure: unspecified error.

Thank you for your help (sorry for my english)

Last edited:

CellZealot

Reaction score
You need QPST 2.7 build 355 or later to see the MDM6600 chipset phones like D2G and Pro.

junmin

Reaction score
One question,

Does hard reset would reset nvram data?
I have been trying some many datas in nvram, I would reset it and start from scratch.

5enator

Reaction score
You need QPST 2.7 build 355 or later to see the MDM6600 chipset phones like D2G and Pro.

OK Thanks i'll try to download QPST built 3.5.5

One question,

I have been trying some many datas in nvram, I would reset it and start from scratch.
No it does because this phone brand new, thank you if nothing happen i'll try to hard reset.

.:: Update ::. Thank you All for your help, now i can use programming using QPST built 3.5.5 and unlock my D2G using CDMA WS

Thank you for your response

Last edited:

CellZealot

Reaction score
Wiping data and cache/master reset does NOT reset NVM values to default.

The only way to completely reset everything safely is to use an SBF file that will flash the radio image. Running a service programming or Software Download Backup/Restore with QPST would get most of them but if you have been editing items in the Motorola NV in the upper range like 8040-8043 they will not be reset by QPST.
This is by design as these items are deliberately not part of the normal service programming accessed by typical tools like QPST because they control how the phone builds the MIP profile and lock service to VZW.

junmin

Reaction score
Wiping data and cache/master reset does NOT reset NVM values to default.

The only way to completely reset everything safely is to use an SBF file that will flash the radio image. Running a service programming or Software Download Backup/Restore with QPST would get most of them but if you have been editing items in the Motorola NV in the upper range like 8040-8043 they will not be reset by QPST.
This is by design as these items are deliberately not part of the normal service programming accessed by typical tools like QPST because they control how the phone builds the MIP profile and lock service to VZW.

thank you for the reply.
which sbf are you using? i would like to flash the stock one, but with this one, will we get EVDO work normally?

junmin

Reaction score

One question,

No it does because this phone brand new, thank you if nothing happen i'll try to hard reset.

.:: Update ::. Thank you All for your help, now i can use programming using QPST built 3.5.5 and unlock my D2G using CDMA WS

How you unlocked your d2g? SIM?

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score

One question,

We've got separate topic dedicated to this question. You have to call the verizon support to get the unlcok code or purchase it on some sites.

5enator

Reaction score

We've got separate topic dedicated to this question. You have to call the verizon support to get the unlcok code or purchase it on some sites.

My D2G still locked by Verizon and i can't use GSM in my country, i bought some code on ebay but code doesn't work and now i'm using the CDMA only after change NV fields HDR AN and PPP not GSM :icon_ cry:, that's correct what Soladzur said unlock code you can get only in vzw network.

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score

My D2G still locked by Verizon and i can't use GSM in my country, i bought some code on ebay but code doesn't work and now i'm using the CDMA only after change NV fields HDR AN and PPP not GSM :icon_ cry:, that's correct what Soladzur said unlock code you can get only in vzw network.

You can also buy it somewhere. It's sad that you failed to unlock it with the ebay code.
I can only advice to buy unlock codes only from sellers that guarantee 100% payback in case of unlock failure. (with a video proof).

If I would buy these codes - I will use following sites:

1. http://www.mobileincanada.com
2. cellunlock.net
3. http://www.unlockallcellular.com/

but i didn't buy and can't guarantee that they will give you what you want. I've just received from them a confirmation that they are paying back 100% money in case of unlock failure.

(use it on your own risk!)

5enator

Reaction score
Thank you for your info
could you/anybody help me, my D2G unable to send/receive text message every time i sent message "text message not send" and then i try to use Handsent SMS apk the result same error. I found a problem in text message not sent my D2G has number 011 (International Text...??) i don't know where is it and how to delete it... please ..:icon_ cry:

zero7404

Reaction score
the unsuccessful unlock of the d2g is attributable to the device being unlockable, afaik ....

this happened with my first device and i returned for another, which i was able to unlock fine.

i highly recommend those that buy the d2g to use in a foreign country on gsm bands - buy an already unlocked device.

posted via android