Configuring EVDO parameters on D2G

blackbeans

Reaction score
Ok, the way this works is that there is a set of NV Items that contain the strings for VZW authentication. These are not the NV Items you are referring to in QPST but are further up in the higher range of NV items used for Motorola proprietary settings.
The phone is setup so that it autowrites the default values to the Mip profile every time it boots and in the case of certain MIP items the overwrite is immediate.

This set of items contains the partial strings that the phone uses to build the full authentication strings in the standard locations in the Qualcomm NV that show in QPST service programming.

These will have to be edited to your carrier's values so the phone will then build the MIP with that configuration and make it stick.

They are as follows expressed in decimal:

8040 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @vzw3g.com

8041 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @dun.vzw3g.com

8042 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @dun.vzw3g.com

8043 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @dun.vzw3g.com

8091 record 1 bytes length 128 default value in ASCII: @vzw3g.com

You will have know what the default values for the auth strings should be and edit these accordingly and it should then add your MDN to them and fill out the MIP profile properly or at least allow you to edit it with your carrier's values.

You use the STELEM/RDELEM window in RadioComm.

I will post a screen shot showing how to use it but have a different version of RadioComm so the P2K tab is different but the function is the same.

I have to makeup a set of screenshots with 11.11.7 so that I can explain better how to use it.
The raw data from the NV items is in hex and you need to convert to ASCII so you can read it, or edit the hex data directly if you are comfortable.

When you use RadioComm it can read and write the NV without Hardware Virtual Serial Port creating a COM port.

I don't have time to do this tonight but I will tomorrow night.

RadioComm is very complex and scary and its best to be thorough to avoid problems and be able to use it safely.

First of all, Thank you for all value supports from 4rum experts!
May I ask you more about using RC to modify my DroidX! I couldn't use STELEM/RDELEM because I don't exact address to input the data! Could I you radio backup/restore to modify it! I can find PPP authentication field by its search command? If couldn't, are there any other way to search the NV address of PPP field to modify it?
Thank you! :icon_ banana:

jpv190

Reaction score
HELP PLZ!!! I got a D2G too and I have not been able to get the ppp username to change to my [email protected], how do I get and modify the NV items?

Can somebody do a detailed guide on how to to this plz!!

okrandroid

Reaction score
Thank you for your info
could you/anybody help me, my D2G unable to send/receive text message every time i sent message "text message not send" and then i try to use Handsent SMS apk the result same error. I found a problem in text message not sent my D2G has number 011 (International Text...??) i don't know where is it and how to delete it... please ..:icon_ cry:

First, you have to root your phone. After that using File Manager that can access root (e.g Root Explorer) just edit file 'built.prop' in directory /system

* sorry, last post was /system/etc/ppp/peers (dont do this!)

find the row that contains "north american", just add # at the front of the row so the program will skip it when running.

after reboot, try use sms...happy texting :)

Last edited:

5enator

Reaction score
Thank you for your info
could you/anybody help me, my D2G unable to send/receive text message every time i sent message "text message not send" and then i try to use Handsent SMS apk the result same error. I found a problem in text message not sent my D2G has number 011 (International Text...??) i don't know where is it and how to delete it... please ..:icon_ cry:

First, you have to root your phone. After that using File Manager that can access root (e.g Root Explorer) just edit file in /system/etc/ppp/peers

find the row that contains "north american", just add # at the front of the row so the program will skip it when running.

Thanks for your respond and now my D2G ready for SMS dancedroid

okrandroid

Reaction score
Thank you for your info

First, you have to root your phone. After that using File Manager that can access root (e.g Root Explorer) just edit file 'built.prop' in directory /system

Thanks for your respond and now my D2G ready for SMS dancedroid

just edit file 'built.prop' in directory /system

Last edited: