Hows Battery Life??? I want to hear from rooted users...

randroid123

Reaction score
Hey, so the reviews online for the Tbolt are saying horrible battery life... but I have to assume that this is going to be an issue for average users who dont remove bloat or learn how to switch 4g off... So for those of you who are running de-bloated custom roms, hows the battery life going and what are you doing to improve it? Thanks!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm rooted and I use my phone. It ranges from 7 hours with heavy 4G usage to 22 with light texting and email.

cullenisprime

Reaction score
im rooted. im on the fence as to the battery life. keep trying different kerenels and i have not found one that compares to my droid x running rubix focused 2.0.1

i unplugged the phone today at 7:30 am. I was so busy with work i hardly even turned the phone on and its down to 50% 12 hours later... with no use.

dont know... need to test further

mkjellgren

Reaction score
My battery life is MUCH better since rooting. It just takes some tweaking. Custom kernels make a world of difference.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Hateslinger

Reaction score
I have a thunderbolt with extended battery. Running rooted, Das BAMF. I was having poor battery life but made the mistake of setting up profiles within setcpu instead of letting the kernal do its job. After I eliminated the profiles from setcpu, and enabled droid wall, my battery life is great. Running setcpu to 1228 mhz.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, Das BAMF

OP
R

randroid123

Reaction score
My battery life is MUCH better since rooting. It just takes some tweaking. Custom kernels make a world of difference.

This is what I suspected... Between debloating and optimized kernels, save the 4g i excpect the battery to last reasonable periods of time... I realize what 4g does to the battery but I understand that rooted users can toggle between 3g and 4g data correct?

mjforte

Reaction score
You don't have to be rooted to toggle 4G on and off. Either Phone Info or LTE On/Off works for that. I am currently rooted with Das BAMF and running at 1228 MHz and my battery life seems to be better. Adrynalyne does good work.

cpjr

Reaction score
Rooted, running Das BAMF 1.4 ROM, Drod's 1.8 kernel clocked to 1.5ghz w/ custom profiles, etc ,etc....

I get MUCH MUCH MUCH better battery life than out of the box.

Hateslinger

Reaction score
Rooted, running Das BAMF 1.4 ROM, Drod's 1.8 kernel clocked to 1.5ghz w/ custom profiles, etc ,etc....

I get MUCH MUCH MUCH better battery life than out of the box.

How's the 1.8 kernel? What profiles are you using? Thanks in advance.

:icon_eek:

alboboy10

Reaction score
If you download a rom which idk how to do, and put it on the phone...will it reboot the phone to the settings that it came with? Will it delete all the apps etc that you had, and you'd have to put them on all over again?

krayman bauer

Reaction score
If you are rooted, roms are easy to find in here. Yes it will wipe all you apps out and give the stock ones depending on which Rom you flash. The 3 step method for rooting worked well for me as did the adb method to restore it to stock. The good thing is getting robed so you can load titanium backup on and save all your apps and data. I took my tbu folder from my og d1 and restored most of old apps onto my thunderbolt....it worked well.
Sent using the power of LIGHTNING! via DroidForums app

archaic

Reaction score
Switched to virus Rom with protekk's kernel and it is either horribly uncalibrated or this battery life is... Orgasmic. Been off the charger for 30 minutes and hasn't dropped a single percentage.

Oh, and that's 30 minutes of heavy, near constant use