How to view contact details?

tempo

Reaction score
I don't know if this is specific to the DI, but I've decided that it's pretty much impossible to view a contact's details.

Open the People app and pull up a contact and you see things in a nice, tidy list under Action, like:
  • Call mobile
  • Call work
  • Send message
  • Etc.
Eventually you get to their address. For most of my contacts, their complete address (street, city, zip, etc.) tends to scroll off the screen to the right. I usually cannot see their complete zip code, for example.

If you click on the address, it opens it up in maps, but that's not what I want; I just want to see the zip code.

If you Edit contact, the field of course becomes editable but it's very small, and since Gmail (we use Google Apps) keeps people's "address" as one big text block (versus fields for street, city, zip, etc.) it's pretty much impossible to see their zip, that field is very small and you cannot easily scroll within it. Google doesn't parse their address, it shoves the whole thing into the street field; the fields for city, state and zip are blank.

Is there a workaround? It took me 5 minutes to address a postcard last night! :icon_evil:

Woehoss

Reaction score
lol, I never noticed that before. I only have one address in my contact list, and I only put it in there to navigate to it, which worked rather well actually. Anyway, no I don't think there is a workaround for it. I agree with you, it should separate the street line from the city and state line for ease of reading. But I guess the makers decided the only reason people would have actual adresses in their phones would be to use the navigation feature.

Maybe you can find a better contact list app in the market?

theturtlebear

Reaction score
Same problem with gmail street addresses not loading into contact app properly

I have the same issue, and since I use gmail contacts as my sole contact manager, the street addresses for many contacts are stored there. If you find a solution, please let me know.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Not that this is a solution but it might be helpful...
If you click on the address and it brings up the google maps there is a bubble above the location on the map with limited info showing the location

If you click on the bubble it shows you all the information on the next screen

OP
T

tempo

Reaction score
Hoping this is fixed in FroYo. I heard Verizon may push the upgrade this week. Though the fact that GApps doesn't parse or store address info in discrete fields is a bigger issue.

robinmarkk

Reaction score
It is such a nice features of mobile to view a contact details. To view contact details you can select menu option. In that select a contact option. In that you have so many option like add new contact, search name, add new group, edit details, delete contact, copy contact and move contact.