how to transfer music from CD to phone

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I tried using Windows Media Player to convert the music, but it converts to a format which doesn't play on Google Music. I just want to be able to play the music through my workout app. Thanks!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I tried using Windows Media Player to convert the music, but it converts to a format which doesn't play on Google Music. I just want to be able to play the music through my workout app. Thanks!

I have nearly zero experience with WMP for probably 10 years now, but a quick search found this saying that it is possible to rip to mp3 format. Your device should be able to recognize mp3s.

fireman00

Reaction score

Other than configuring WMP to rip in MP3 format you can use this: Trader's Little Helper to convert from any file format to any other format. Very nice utility.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Other than configuring WMP to rip in MP3 format you can use this: Trader's Little Helper to convert from any file format to any other format. Very nice utility.

Will that work with WMA though? I am assuming that is what WMP defaults encoding to.

Side note, converting from one lossy format to another lossy format will end up with quality loss. There is lossless WMA, but I doubt that is the default option. So for quality sake, it would be better to rip from a lossless format, which in this case would be the CD.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I use WMP as well. If you go to options and the rip tab you can make it rip in .MP3 format at 320kbps... It's obviously not lossless quality but it's damn good.