How To Setup Yahoo Email

jdog94

Reaction score
How To Setup Yahoo Email
Found this on page 62 of ROM Thread was very helpful for me. Credit goes to Inkarnit.

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

Click Next... Wait for it verify

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Mike55

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks. I have been missing this feature for a while.

trentreed

Reaction score
Is it just me or did this quite working recently
I've been running this for a long time but the last couple of days
All I get is eighter. Connection error or invalid username or password

PorterFNU

Reaction score
Yahoo setup question from Droid Noob

Hey,
I don't have my Droid X manual handy and I must be experiencing brain lock but I can't figure out how to get to the IMAP settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rlowez28

Reaction score
Hey,
I don't have my Droid X manual handy and I must be experiencing brain lock but I can't figure out how to get to the IMAP settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have your email setup for IMAP already, just click on email> menu button> account settings. Scroll down to the bottom ,and the last two selections are where you need to input the information from my previous post. (incoming settings - outgoing settings.) If you don't have it setup for IMAP, Just goto menu> settings> applications> all apps> email and clear data. the next time you try to open the email app, it will start the email setup again.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Download the yahoo mail app it works a lot better than the stock email app with yahoo on it iv been using it for about 6 months and love it