[HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]

HydraChip

Reaction score
Yep, i'm New to this

is it safe to root if i have andorid version 1.3.6

Fliplm

Reaction score
Charge Onl yOption

My Droid does not give the charge only option, How do I root then? I dont want a soft Brick.

shadow4

Reaction score
i have my razr maxx rooted this way What do i have to do before i can get the OTA jelly bean up date?

Krenzy

Reaction score
Jelly Bean is not currently being pushed OTA to our original Razrs and Maxxs. It was accidentally released on 12/24 but was quickly wothdrawn. You can side load it but not OTA download it right now.

shadow4

Reaction score
ok but when the OTA update comes do i have to un root before i get the up date?
Thanks for the info

JediBeavis

Reaction score
I was rooted, got the OTA update to Jellybean, but lost my root. Is there still no working root method for JB?

jjohnson1485

Reaction score
ok, so i'm not a complete n00b when it comes to rooting, i had a DroidX that i rooted a couple times (because i took the last OTA provided). I just got my RAZR a couple weeks ago, and see that i can't connect to my computer to "Charge Only" as being part of ICS...How is it that i would root my phone now? It's a VZW Droid RAZR... 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US running Android 4.0.4

spongernnc1

Reaction score
since the jb update, an apparent bug was fixed on my razr and now I can not use my Bluetooth or the tether method on my phone. Verizon said it was something that I should of been paying for..ooops. anyways if I root my phone will I be able to use these again or should I just go with easytether pro?

GotnFX

Reaction score
since the jb update, an apparent bug was fixed on my razr and now I can not use my Bluetooth or the tether method on my phone. Verizon said it was something that I should of been paying for..ooops. anyways if I root my phone will I be able to use these again or should I just go with easytether pro?

If you root, it won't necessarily fix Bluetooth. You may be able to flash custom ROMs but I can't say it will fix the Bluetooth issue/bug. If you root, you have a ton of tether options..or you could try Foxfi/PDAnet and see if that works for you right now..it is free, but I believe there is a limit.

Scott B

Reaction score
I have a razr and im running JB 4.1.2 and im looking to root. I have rooted many phones in the passed but have just dragged my feet on rooting the razr because I wanted the OTA which I now regret! I looked around here on the forum and havent been able to find an up to date root method. Anyone know of one? i also want the ability to unroot as well in the event I need to exchange for a new device. Thanks!

GotnFX

Reaction score
I have a razr and im running JB 4.1.2 and im looking to root. I have rooted many phones in the passed but have just dragged my feet on rooting the razr because I wanted the OTA which I now regret! I looked around here on the forum and havent been able to find an up to date root method. Anyone know of one? i also want the ability to unroot as well in the event I need to exchange for a new device. Thanks!

Droid razr hacks.. Stickies..right underneath this thread you posted in.

Check it out:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...t912-jellybean-windows-mac-linux-all-one.html

GotnFX

Reaction score
Will this process be appropriate for the Motorola: DROID RAZR MAXX, System version XT912, and Android version 4.1.2?

Yes, the RAZR and RAZR maxx are the same phone..the only difference is the battery.