[HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]

crome1115

Reaction score
I realize that... but when you are looking for a root method that isnt done via windows, its a little bit of a pain having to open every thread titled - How to Root Your Phone - and find out it doesnt work for you. Its the same at AC, XDA and here.

Oh well.

actually when i clicked on the link to this post in google search results, it actually did say for windows only..again. if you know what your doing and you know anything about the os you are working with, you would know by the file ext. that these are windows file formats.. just saying.. dont get angry about it.. learn what your doing. Also if you're not sure.. ask.. it helps..

jae480

Reaction score
Rooting the Droid Razr on a Mac or Linux operating system can be done. Anyone on here need a video tutorial?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Regalboy

Reaction score
I'm not to sure if it works with 2.3.6
I would give it a try and see if it works. I know for a fact that it work with 2.3.5
though. Just give it a try and tell me if it worked

I could not get it to work with 2.3.6

monkey_man

Reaction score
is it normal? Doomlord re-root tools on page one contained Linux trojan onced downloaded to desktop. I wonder if it save to use an application that contains trojan exploit :blink:

idlehands

Reaction score
So my friend has asked that I help him root his droid razr and I noticed that this root method states that it's for the 2.3.5 but my friend's razr is 2.3.6. Is there a risk of briking if I continue with this method? ANY information will help, this isn't my first root (Droid X) but this doesn't mean I am a pro. I don't want to ruin my friend's awesome new phone. Thanks :)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Follow the link i posted 2 above.

I used it on 2.3.6...
I downloaded the lite version.

-----posted MAXX'ed out-----

rachelequinn

Reaction score
Mine worked so fine on 2.3.5, but tried several methods , several times, and still cannot get it to root on 2.3.6, but love my Razr...

rachelequinn

Reaction score
mine wont root on 2.3.6 help?!?!

Nor Mine. I have tried every post I could find. I fear with tomorrows OS update my Droid RaZr will not be rooted for many many months...... I have tried all of doomlords versions, and the motofail and a few others.... I feel so stupid, ehrn others root with no problem... any help will be greatly appreciated..