How to root d2g?

coolbeans777

Reaction score
I have no idea what to do. I looked at the sticky and it told me to copy an apk file directly to the sd card. I can't find an apk file anywhere.

Thanks in advance

wilboy

Reaction score
This will help you out!! ;)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...root-custom-recovery-sim-unlock-tutorial.html

But you need to read this OP(sticky) very carefully!All you need are there too download/apply!:)

Ight thanks bro. dancedroid

But where the hell am I supposed to find the apk??? Am I supposed to compile it or something?
unzip the z4root.zip to your computer or you can unzip it to your sdcard too then u will see the apk...and install it!

OP
coolbeans777

coolbeans777

Reaction score
This will help you out!! ;)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...root-custom-recovery-sim-unlock-tutorial.html

But you need to read this OP(sticky) very carefully!All you need are there too download/apply!:)

Ight thanks bro. dancedroid

But where the hell am I supposed to find the apk??? Am I supposed to compile it or something?
unzip the z4root.zip to your computer or you can unzip it to your sdcard too then u will see the apk...and install it!

I did unzip, and all that showed up was a folder

OP
coolbeans777

coolbeans777

Reaction score
open the folder!

dude i did, and all that showed up was a bunch of other folders. I looked through all the folders and the folders within folders and no apk was found. I think I'm supposed to compile it but I have no idea how

rage813

Reaction score
I just rooted a couple hours ago search z4root on megaupload on your phones browser then download it from there and install it then just hit perm root if it takes more than 5 min do a battery pull then try again

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App