[HOW TO] Restore your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) to stock [Windows Only]

nitrojuga

Reaction score
I used the 215 originally. My phone won't stay on long enough for my to try the 219. I know there has got to be some way to power it while doing this though. I also couldn't find a USB hub locally so I spliced two cables together, power coming from wall wart, data going to PC. Still no luck for some reason. Also, from what I understand, 17/18 was webtop. That's also the error it gives me on the phone for the reason it isn't booting.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
try using a different USB port. you may have to power it up then on a good moto cable run the fast boot files. I have found that anything other than a factory cable, the one it comes with, can give you mixed results. if you are using a desktop the USB ports in the back of the computer will give you a more consistent connection than the front ones, may be the same on a laptop if yours has a port in the back.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

nitrojuga

Reaction score
try using a different USB port. you may have to power it up then on a good moto cable run the fast boot files. I have found that anything other than a factory cable, the one it comes with, can give you mixed results. if you are using a desktop the USB ports in the back of the computer will give you a more consistent connection than the front ones, may be the same on a laptop if yours has a port in the back.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Thanks, but already tried that. I feel that I should also mention I'm getting "cannot program" now instead of the "Battery Ok
Ok to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable"
message. I think I'm about to attempt to make a factory cable. Wish me luck lol

nitrojuga

Reaction score
I made a factory cable. At least I think I did. lol... Says "battery OK" now and "Ok to program" but now it doesn't show up in RSD lite :(. The computer says it failed to find the drivers so I'm guessing this config uses totally different drivers. Anyone know where these could be found? I can't seem to find any :(

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I made a factory cable. At least I think I did. lol... Says "battery OK" now and "Ok to program" but now it doesn't show up in RSD lite :(. The computer says it failed to find the drivers so I'm guessing this config uses totally different drivers. Anyone know where these could be found? I can't seem to find any :(
Hope you get it working soon man. Keep us posted...I'm keeping my eye out for any solutions as well

joe zack

Reaction score
IF THE BOT LOADER IS LOCK WILL NOT FLASH WILL GET FAIL ERRO NO MATTER WHICH FILE USING .215 OR.219

Failed flashing process.1/18 flash mbm "alow-mbml.............FAIL

AP FASTBOOTLOADER 0A.61

nitrojuga

Reaction score
IF THE BOT LOADER IS LOCK WILL NOT FLASH WILL GET FAIL ERRO NO MATTER WHICH FILE USING .215 OR.219

Failed flashing process.1/18 flash mbm "alow-mbml.............FAIL

AP FASTBOOTLOADER 0A.61
Mine does that, or did the next few times I tried after the initial one. I got all the way up to 17/18 as previously stated. Now my phone won't show up in RSD at all, even with a normal micro usb. Worst comes to worst, I'm going to order another Xperia Play since we have an upgrade on our plan and the Play is free now. I'm thinking about giving Moto. a call and saying "My phone has this weird writing on the screen and won't turn on." LMAO

joe zack

Reaction score
dont understnad what problem you have with usb cable.......just use ECOMOTO cable it work god will charge the phone while flashing,,,,,,,,,,

Aloth600

Reaction score
The MD5s are listed in the first post under the file names

I guess what i am asking is how to you complete step 2 on the first page of this post.. I copy and pasted the MD5 code into the box of the checker and then used the zip file that i downloaded as the file. It said they do not match.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I guess what i am asking is how to you complete step 2 on the first page of this post.. I copy and pasted the MD5 code into the box of the checker and then used the zip file that i downloaded as the file. It said they do not match.
Sounds like you did it correctly. Which file (.215 or .219) did you download? Did you download the main file or a mirror? If you are certain you used the right MD5, then the file may have been corrupted.

Aloth600

Reaction score
The MD5s are listed in the first post under the file names
<br><br>I guess what i am asking is how to you complete step 2 on the first page of this post..&nbsp;&nbsp; I copy and pasted the MD5 code into the box of the checker and then used the zip file that i downloaded as the file.&nbsp; It said they do not match.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I used the 215 and didn't use a mirror... Just clicked the download
I just downloaded that file and the MD5 verified correctly. Your download may be corrupted or incomplete...try downloading it again