[HOW TO] Restore your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) to stock [Windows Only]

silverfang77

Reaction score
Good to see this out. Now the rooting and rimming can begin.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

djb.617

Reaction score
This is an important note, mirror #4 for the .219 flash boot and I believe mirror #6 for .215 are 14 day hosts so .215 will expire in 13 days.

core2kid

Reaction score
Tried this on my phone and it rebooted into the same thing. I have a rooted phone and I uninstalled a lot of system apps (without thinking) so I wanna restore to stock. Any ideas?

RitaT1219

Reaction score
****help!!!!

SO I definitely just tried this and it definitely stopped on 17/18 and it said Flash Failure. And now I can't even get my phone to turn on.

It says:

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
OA.6C
To return to normal mode -- first press power key to power down (i tried this)
Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0

Battery Ok
Ok to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

I did what it said to do. Now what do I do?! I tried to go back to the screen where I clicked on AP Fastboot Flash Mode, and I tried clicking on Normal reboot, recovery, and just about every other option available, and nothing worked.

Someone please help me ! I just got this phone a month ago, and I'm going out of town tomorrow and need to have a working phone!

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
SO I definitely just tried this and it definitely stopped on 17/18 and it said Flash Failure. And now I can't even get my phone to turn on.
What was your battery level before you began the flash? This error seems to happen when phones are in low power mode. If you think it may have been low battery, try the steps here and then try flashing again.

core2kid

Reaction score
Hmm. And now it won't let you enter AP Fastboot mode and try reflashing?

Not quite sure I understand what you mean here, could you explain?

My battery level was 15-25% when I used these files. My phone wasn't bricked though, I'd uninstalled a lot of system & Verizon apps which kept failing when trying to reinstall through Titanium Backup. Also I kept dropping 3G & Wifi so I called Verizon and they said they'd send me a new phone but since the fastboot files are out, I'll keep this one.

core2kid

Reaction score
Nothing special, I just followed the directions on the first page. After using the fastboot file though I had to restore my phone to stock from settings.

nitrojuga

Reaction score
Had the same problem as stated previously. Failed at 17/18 and now my phone won't go past that "Flash Failure" screen or whatever. Bad news is, my battery ran out, and that fix posted earlier for the low batter fix isn't working. :(. But my wall wart keeps the phone powered on. Guess I will need a USB hub with a 2 amp output to try again.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
This is concerning.

Which file did you use, the .219 or the .215? I posted about this problem over in the original thread at XDA and haven't heard of a fix yet. It has worked for several people so we definitely need to narrow the problem down before this happens to anyone else.