[How TO] Restore VZW Galaxy Tab to stock DJ11

rodpelosini

Reaction score
Problems - Help

I have some problems with my GT Verizon SCH-I800...

1) Recovery mode(menu) don't start, stay in black screen. <Power + Up> = Stuck.
2) I don't have access to "Phone"
3) My tab always stay in "Flight Mode".
4) Buttons: Menu, Home and Search don't works, only "back" button.

I did read all posts, I don't find a solution for my case.

Please, someone could me help?????

Rod

coworker23

Reaction score
Nothinig is working.

Now its common sense.
the zImage goes in both the Kernel AND Recovery slot. (they even tell you where things go with little descriptions)
The system.rfs goes in Factoryfs
The Param.lfs goes in Param.lfs
and the cache goes in the cache slot.​

I am getting stuck on install Recovery. It reached 31% then completely stops. "uploading recovery" disappeared and the Start but becomes "clickable". It stays at 31%. If I click start again, it says Failed! after a couple seconds.

mach330

Reaction score
Tab Gingerbread

Anyone try to install gingerbread on their tab yet? is it worth it? debating if it's worth the trouble.

GalaxyBrickLayer

Reaction score
Verizon Galaxy Tab - Download screen only

I flashed the gingerbread 2.3.3 on the Verizon Galaxy Tablet and it was the for the GSM version. Oops.

I do get the download screen pop up so I can load a stock Verizon ROM. I have tried this several times to flash the stock ROM and I see the status bar getting completed, following the procedure on this page, using Heimdall and the stock files supplied.

Now I am getting the GSM Galaxy splash screen and then the screen goes haywire. when I say haywire I mean a distributed, quick dispersion of colored lines which quickly disappear, leaving me with a blank screen. i can hear the Verizon tone in the background, but see no video at all, until it loops to show the splash screen again. repeat ad infinitum.

The issue I am having is that when I try to hit the up volume with the power to get to the wipe data/wipe cache screen, that does not come up. I only see the haywire video again for a split second and then blankness. Not a boot loop, but lack of video. I get the impression that it could be sitting on HBOOT but I just can't see a damned thing.

so in short, I have the following:
Download screen - no problem
HBOOT - no go so cannot clear cache or reset to factory
Boot - Splash screen, then haywire vid, then blank, then loop.

Help me fix this and my firstborn is yours.

gregbridwell

Reaction score
Still stuck in airplane mode

Anyone figure out how to restore 3G on VZW Tab? It is stuck in airplane mode and I can use wifi only. Its no big deal since I wasn't using a data plan anyway, I just feel I need to fix it. Any thoughts?

squintter

Reaction score
Any solution?

I have some problems with my GT Verizon SCH-I800...

1) Recovery mode(menu) don't start, stay in black screen. <Power + Up> = Stuck.
2) I don't have access to "Phone"
3) My tab always stay in "Flight Mode".
4) Buttons: Menu, Home and Search don't works, only "back" button.

I did read all posts, I don't find a solution for my case.

Please, someone could me help?????

Rod

My tab is doing the exact same thing! I think the modem driver is missing. Is there a solution to this?

squintter

Reaction score
Same thing as you two. I would like to have my 3g service.... Help would be nice. :(

I had to call Samsung and send it to them for service. Here is what they did

PASSED FINAL TEST
PASSED RADIATION TEST
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
*08/09/2011//19:05:55//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
8/9/2011 6:04 PM-Edmond: The unit is repaired. SOLUTION: Replaced Component - Replaced PBA
*08/02/2011//18:04:03//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*
8/2/2011 5:00 PM-Rolando: The b-good unit is received

bambam23

Reaction score
ok. ive been working on my galaxy tab for 3 days now with no luck. unfortunately im a noob n flashed my verizon tab with a gsm firmware using odin. i can get to the download screen. ive tried the heimdall method and it never restarts after the flash and all i get is the phone computer symbol. i can flash it in odin with the p1 pit to get me back to the download screen. after the flash with odin i get all the verizon sign n stops. then i try to use heimdall and it all goes back full circle. the tab has never been rooted and i tried the whole recovery mode wiping the cache and factory reset. anyone have any ideas?

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
I'm not sure to be honest. Flashing GSM firmware with a pit mapping on a CDMA device is a big no no... you might need to seek help in #koush on IRC, or seek out Boussh on XDA... he's also known as @khasmek on twitter. i'm unfortunately not intelligent enough to touch this one. sorry mate.

czqentin

Reaction score
Hi all, Please excuse my English, I tried to do the flash in my sch-I800
verizon.Not good, because now it appears the logo of Samsung
tab.Can I do right? To work again? Thank you very much

chubbyflood

Reaction score
samsung galaxy tab by verizon tried this but i cant get into reboot, screen just stays black..Heimdall was successfully...but as for as the hold power and volume up wont put me in reboot mode.......help me

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any new info? I have a galaxy tab 7 that will only boot loop. I can boot to downloader but not recovery. I was on the latest up date and tried to root. That was not a good idea now I'm stuck. the instructions in this thread don't seem to be working becuase hendill doesn't have the places to put the files as instructed.